Friday, September 26, 2008

Flourishes Friday!

Need a little inspiration to get those creative juices flowing this weekend? Well, we have it here with the Friends of Flourishes team! These ladies are amazing and we just can't wait to see what they will come up with next! This week does not disappoint!

Let's start our showcase with what I consider a real showstopper! Becca Feeken used the Flourishes Birds and Vine Set to create some "Tussie Mussies" with a vintage Christmas feel. I honestly have never heard this name before, but in essence, it's the cone shaped piece that holds a bouquet or goodies. Oh my! Isn't it regal and perfect for the holidays? I love all the attention to detail! If you'd like to see additional photos and find out how Becca did this - visit her place HERE.

Next up is Cindy Haffner! She created a lovely silhouette card with one of my all time favorite Flourishes sets - Spring Ephemerals. Don't you love the pairing of the light blue and kraft colored paper with the black? I sure do! Cindy created a classy high contrast card - it's something she does best!
Coffee anyone? This card by Cindy Lawrence using the Coffee With Friends set has a table set for two! I love the rich colors - there's a touch of brown but it's completely set off by that vibrant red, green and blue. I love the little additions Cindy always perfectly adds embellishments to cards to give it a little something extra. In this case - the brads and the ribbon both add a bit of pop!Speaking of pop, Laura Fredrickson has plenty going on in her card also using the Spring Ephemerals set! I love how Laura isn't afraid to take a risk or two when it comes to color. I would never have thought to pair this baby blue with a hot pink, but doesn't it work?? You bet it does! I think her card is absolutely stunning! The sentiment Laura used is from the Fantasy Floral Garden set.

And last, but not least is the fabulous Joan Bardee. She actually did surgery on her stamp set to make sure it could line up like this as a border! She used the Poppy Patch set and cut off the stem from one of the flowers. She said, and I agree, that with clear stamps, it is so easy to ammend them. When you want to use the stem, just align it back on the flower on your acryllic block and you are good to go! That's not stinkin' thinkin'!! Not to mention, Joan's card turned out absolutely beautiful. I love how Joan watercolors her images. She is always able to keep a vibrant color - which takes just the right touch!
Thanks for stopping by and checking in to see what these ladies have been up to! Stay tuned, we'll be back Sunday with the latest Featured Stamper!
Have a good weekend!

3 comments:

Sharon in NE said...

I love these! And that Joan...how clever of her.

All wonderful projects!

Sewflake said...

All amazing, beautiful and talented creations, if I couldn't come away with several ideas or a technique to try........weeeelllll.
The color combinatins the colors, the projects other than cards give me much to think about and "feast on with my eyes"!

Latisha said...

wow all of them are so pretty!