This week Cindy Haffner is hosting. She is challenging us to a sketch she has designed. As far as sketches go, there is not much of an explanation necessary. You can turn it and modify the shapes to fit your size card, but in the end, it should still look like the sketch. Good Luck!!! We cannot wait to see what you do with it!
Let's go see what the blog team has created using this sketch!!!!
Up first is our sketch challenge host, Cindy Haffner. She is using the Mixed Greetings sets. I love how she interpreted the four squares behind the circle in the sketch with an interlocking loop frame die cut. I love the colors and patterns on this card and how they showcase beautifully the paper pieced vase and wonderfully colored flowers in this set. As always, Cindy accessorized this card gorgeous, too!!! Fabulous, Cindy!!!
Next, we move on to Kimberly Crawford. Kimberly is using the All Wrapped Up set for the lovely package and the newly released Sweet Violets set for her sentiment. I love these colors, patterns, and the beautifully colored Birthday package!!! Kim has chosen to created a more solid background behind the circle image, yet the dp gives the illusion that it is divided. Beautifully done, Kim!!! Love this striking Birthday card!!!
Next is Silke Ledlow . She is using the newly release Swing Set stamp set. I love how Silke interpreted the sketch. She embossed the four panels of the background. She watercolored the picturesque image and added some shimmerz to give it some extra sparkle. I love the beautiful pearl frame detailing around the circle. This card is just a breath of fresh air!!!! Gorgeous, Silke!!!!
Up last is Betty Wright. I am using the Siberian Iris set. With Mother's Day just a couple of weeks away, now is the time to order this beautiful set!!! I interpreted the squares behind the circle with more layers. I used the Spellbinders Label three diecuts to layer behind squares. I am also using some Memory Box dp. I reconfigure the sketch to fit my square card. I added some shimmerz to my iris to give it alittle sparkly sheen.
Here are your random numbers: 8
Timestamp: 2009-04-28 00:49:24 UTC
You need to email: email@example.com
for your coupon code!!!!
By the way, if you still do not have our lovely Timeless Tuesday
blog button for your blog, check here for the codes.
Now, it is your turn to play in our Flourishes Favorites challenge!!!!
Here are the rules!!!!
- Anyone can play whether you have Flourishes stamps or not. Of course, if you have Flourishes stamps, by all means, use them.
- Use code word FTTC13 when linking to SCS or public gallery.
- Leave a comment on this post with a link to your creation. Please give a direct link to your blog post so we can see the Flourishes challenge post and not just the generic page. To get the full link, click to read the comments. Another page will open that will have just the one card and your comments. Copy and paste that link here in the comments section.
- If you use either your blog link or online gallery, please give an active Flourishes Newsletter link.
- You can combine this challenge with as many others as you want.
- The challenge runs from Tuesday, 12:01 am until Monday at 8 pm EST
- Enjoy yourself!!!
We cannot wait to see what you create! As always, thanks so much for stopping by!
Your Friends of Flourishes!