Friday, February 6, 2009

Flourishes Focus--- A Challenge!

Last Friday we told you about a brand new focus for Fridays -- Flourishes Focus! This month, our Senior DT is making sure we're all creating in living COLOR!

To kick off this colorful month, we wanted to show you ways that you could be inspired by objects all around you! We picked what we thought is one of the most beautiful things in nature for an inspiration challenge today - and, here it is! A peacock feather! Don't you just love the shades of bronze, lime green, turquoise and that vivid royal blue? Well, I just sent the design team this photo and asked them to be inspired -- any way, any how!

So, as the cards began to trickle in, I was amazed at the individuality and beauty in each and every one of them.

First, there was Christine's card using the Lilac set. I love how she incorporated the metallic shades and then added turquoise in the flowers with a hint of green in the background and ribbon - beautiful!

Cindy also added a bit of metallic and then used re-inkers to paint on these gorgeous and vibrant colors with a watercolor feel. I think this is one beautiful Siberian Iris!
Latisha's card took a sweet turn with this little green birdie (Love Nest) and then added a burst of blossoms and some fun ribbon!
Faith's card really played off the beautiful bronze and shades of green and blue. I love the way all of her creations have such a depth in them - this one is no exception!
When I found this paper at --- of all places-- the dollar store, I knew it had a perfect home. Doesn't it look like it was created for the tulip from the Stamp Simply Thank You set? I used Twinkling H20s to give my flower an extra bit of sparkle!
Stacy used the Spring Ephemeral set and added the gorgeous colors from the feather to add a bit of pop to the silhouette. I love the elegant simplicity of this card!
Leslie Miller took some Urban Prairie paper and played off all the colors in the feather by creating this gorgeously colored flower from the Summer Blossoms set. Leslie and beautiful coloring go hand in hand-- don't you think?
Speaking of beautiful coloring -- recently Laura got her hands on some Twinkling H20s. She called me one day and said that she had painting pretty much every creation with them! I was worried she might call back and say her house was a brand new shade of Pink Azalea! I have to say I love what she's been doing with these beautiful paints and her inspired card using the Bird And Vine set is a perfect example! I can only imagine how this card shimmers in real life...

Do you want to be inspired? Simply use the colors to make your own creation! Link it up in a comment on this post or upload to your gallery on Splitcoast using the keyword FLLCFEB. The winner of the random drawing will win all three of our new releases set to be unveiled a week from today!

We can't wait to see where this inspiration challenge takes you!

Happy Creating....
~Julie

P.S. NEXT WEEK: We'll not only bring you a peek at one of our new releases, but our talented designer Christine Okken will take you on a step-by-step journey to show you how she creates those gorgeous watercolor creations! Stay tuned!

35 comments:

Jeanette said...

These cards are so beautiful.

NancyK said...

Each month the Flourishes Design Team blows me away with incredibly beautiful designs. Today's post is the latest example of their wonderful talent. Thank you ladies for sharing these with us!

Anonymous said...

What amazing creations, these design team cards are stunning! The colors and coloring are brilliant.
smiles,Deena

Etha said...

All creations are just SO beautiful, little works of art!! This is my second time coming back to browse the pretties :)

Anonymous said...

Wow!! The design team cards are out of this world gorgeous! Great challenge - can't wait to try it.

Cynde said...

What beautiful example cards you put up for us to look at. They are all just gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Incredible!!! Flourishes really has one of the best Design Teams ever...all of these cards are just stunning :)

Anonymous said...

I am amazed at this team and the stunning creations they come up with. I want to try this challenge, but am almost "afraid", the ones here are so gorgeous! Thank you for such beauty! Janice Rosenthal Rock

Michelle Woerner said...

GREAT insp challenge! Love that feather and the DT blew me away with their amazing samples!! Here is mine:

http://stopandstamptheroses.blogspot.com/2009/02/couple-cards-and-couple-shout-outs.html

I also uploaded to SCS! Hugs,

Anita said...

Here is my card. http://www.papercraftplanet.com/photo/peacock-cards?context=user

Anonymous said...

All of these cards are splendidly beautiful! I love peacocks and all the colors!
Jennifer

retiredheather said...

Wow! What a gallery of beautiful cards...lovely. Here is my example:
http://enchantedstamping.blogspot.com/2009/02/flourishes-focus-challenge.html
Hugs
Heather

Peggy said...

I love every one of those cards! They are just Beautiful!!
Here is mine:
http://artfulljourney.blogspot.com/2009/02/flourishes-color-focus-challenge.html#comments

Anonymous said...

My try on this theme didn't work out as I thought, so I quickly put this together tonight in desperation. I wanted to do a card into the drawing and I knew if I didn't get it done tonight it wouldn't get done. Such is life. Here it is.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/30174348@N02/3269353714/

Anonymous said...

I couldn't use all the colors but this is what I came up with:
http://www.newenglandstamper.com/my_weblog/2009/02/inspiration-challenge.html

Connie M. said...

WOW!! Stunning cards, ladies!! Great colors too! I combined this with FTTC2...you can see my card on my blog:

http://cmc2stamp.blogspot.com/2009/02/fllcfeb-fttc2-mojo72-what-combination.html

Theresa Momber said...

These cards are all so gorgeous! I love these colors. Here is my card

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the fabulous inspiration! Here is my card.
smiles,Deena

Fonda @Southern Scraps said...

Beautiful cards! Here's mine

It's the second card.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I m only new to Flourishes and am so disappointed that I have not found it earler....I ove the designs and all that I see here - talk about inspiring...I think I am going to become Flourishes obsessed LOL!!!!
Thansk you so much - love those new stamps too, they are DIVINE!
Lovely Linda

Butterfly said...

Absolutely beautiful card creations. I am amazed that there are people that are so creative who can manage to keep coming up with such stunning designs. Well Done. Thanks for continuing to share with us all.

Anonymous said...

These cards are so beautiful and can't wait to order the new net.

Jewell B

Barbara said...

Oh, my goodness, what beauties these samples are!! Just gorgeous, ladies! Can't wait to see more AND the new releases!

Here's mine: http://barspaperpursuits.blogspot.com/2009/02/peacock-inspiration.html

Etha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Etha said...

what a beautiful color challenge! The DTs work again just blows me away, you put a lot of love into everything that you od, just amazing. Here is my poor little flat attempt with these colors, not sure if I got them right, but I sure was inspired by them! We absolutely do have turquoise skies here in the summer :) Pure Summer .

Anonymous said...

SInce I have found the Flourishes Blog I check it and all the design team members Blogs everyday. I love the beautiful creations and am awed by the talent of the designers. Thank You very much for sharing. Flourishes makes my day!

Heather said...

Here is my peacock inspired card,
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1232978?cat=500&ppuser=135086

and the inside is here
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1232979?cat=500&ppuser=135086

Thanks for the daily inspiration, I can't wait to see the new sets.

Linda said...

I'd love to win those three sets! Wow, the awesome creations I could make! *Drool* So, I created this card seen here

Anonymous said...

These are so incredible! Awesome creations. Anyone would love to win.

Anonymous said...

Wow! The new stamp sets are just wonderful. All the cards are sooo beautiful. Great job everyone. I use Flourishes stamp sets all the time. Would love to win the new sets! Thanks for the chance.
cffjewels@aol.com

Penny said...

These cards are so beautiful. I wish I could have them in front of me as I stamp or just taped up around my studio to inspire me. Wonderful images...can't wait to see the stamps!

ESnover said...

new reader - love the inspiration!

Emilia said...

Wow, Flourishes is releasing beautiful stamps every month.
Here is my card:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1215693?cat=500&ppuser=114831

Anonymous said...

These cards are just beautiful. I love Flourishes stamp sets. can not wait to buy the sets.

Cher said...

wow...hope I am not too late to post for a chance..I must say your cards are stunning! your team has it together for sure! ty ty ty ...I need all the help I can get! I spend too much time on here lol...ty Cher