Becca Feeken is our challenge hostess this week. She is challenging us to paper piercing. Paper piercing is the art of piercing holes through the cardstock for decoration. Paper piercing has evolved so much in the past couple of years with the invention of some highly detailed piercing templates. There are all kinds of piercing ideas to use. Whether it is just a pierced frame or border, some pierced corner accents, a few pierced dots here and there, or you go all out with ornate piercing template patterns, we would love to see what you create.
Come along with me and let's see what the blog team created for you this week and how they used the piercing challenge!!!!
Up first is our challenge hostess Becca Feeken. She is using the newly released
Vintage Wallpaper background and the Sweet Pea set for the sentiment. She colored the background image with two colors to create this beautiful look. She is using a circular ornare template to create a piercing focal point for her card. She has finished it off with a gorgeous organdy with satin piping bow and touches of pearls. Beautifully done, Becca!!!!
Betty Wright is next. I am using two newly released sets Vintage Wallpaper background and Swing Set . I stamped the background image using versamark. I colored and layered the focal image with the new release Spellbinders Label three diecuts. I added a few pierced details at the corners and along the design points in the background. I finished with a few pearls. I thought the pierced scallops in the border punch looked paper pierced, so I added it as a faux paper pierced edging.
Cindy Haffner is next. She is using the Summer on the Patio set to create a springtime invitation!!! I love the colors and all the wonderful border punch detailing. I love how she colored the image and created a sidewalk scene for the patio and chair. She is using some Memory Box dp which coordinates beautifully with this set, too. Cindy has added some corner pierce detailing in the focal image and on the tag. Just beautiful, Cindy!!!!
Next, we move on to Kimberly Crawford. Kimberly is using the newly released Sweet Violets set, too. Kim chose to watercolor her violets. She is using some of the fabulous European Watercolor paper . I love the coloring and the touches of little violets with leaves on either side of the sentiment. The outside scalloped circle is pierced to offer a subtle detail. Just gorgeous, Kimberly!!!!
Last, but certainly not least this week is Silke Ledlow . She, too, is using the newly released Sweet Violets set. She has colored the violets with copics and cut out a few and popped them up on dimension for added height and interest. She is also using a border ornare piercing template and create very ornate pierced borders on either side of the focal image. Beautifully done, Silke!!!!
Be sure to check out each designer's blog links for more specific card details.
Here are your random numbers:15
Timestamp: 2009-04-14 03:05:12 UTC
Here are the rules!!!!
- Anyone can play whether you have Flourishes stamps or not. Of course, if you have Flourishes stamps, by all means, use them.
- Use code word FTTC11 when linking to SCS or public gallery.
- Leave a comment on this post with a link to your creation. Please give a direct link to your blog post so we can see the Flourishes challenge post and not just the generic page. To get the full link, click to read the comments. Another page will open that will have just the one card and your comments. Copy and paste that link here in the comments section.
- If you use either your blog link or online gallery, please give an active Flourishes Newsletter link. You can combine this challenge with as many others as you want.
- The challenge runs from Tuesday, 12:01 am until Monday at 8 pm EST.
- Enjoy yourself!!!