Saturday, February 2, 2008

Cake Decorating Spotlight - Part 2

In yesterdays post we showed you several different ways to decorate a cake. Today, we’ll concentrate on the cake slice.

I stamped the slice in two different colors, blue and saffron.
( A personal note. I’ve taken the cake slice stamp and cut it apart. Yes, that’s right – cut it apart. I just found it easier to use, since I usually use two different colors on the slice, one for the frosting and one for the cake. VERY CAREFULLY, I took my xacto knife, a good light and a magnifier and cut it apart. A word of caution – you only get one shot at this so make sure this is really what you want to do!! Once you cut it there is no turning back. )

Now, here is a way to use more of those little bits and pieces to decorate a cake slice.

To make a little flower, I stamped the 3-dot stamp in a darker blue, then used the flame from the candle stamp for a leaf (stamped in green) and finally used a signo pen to add the white center.

I did the same using the small flower stamp.

For a different look, I took the “wispy” stamp in rose, then turned the stamp around and stamped it again to make a flower, and added the leaves. No signo pen was needed for the center.

Once the flowers were stamped on the slice, I added a little detail – a signo pen was used just below the top flowers for a decorative accent, then a blue marker was used to make little “dots” below that.


Now take a look at a great card Jan Marie made using the cake slice. (click on the photo for a larger view of the details)
Now - When is a Cake Stamp NOT a Cake stamp? Here are some fabulous creations by the Flourishes Design team to show you what you can do with this set. These creative ladies really were thinking outside the box with these cards!!
Cards shown are from Sharon Johnson, Alex Eaton, Paula Bloom and Julia Stainton.

1 comment:

Becca said...

These cards are gorgeous. I especially love the hat one. My mom was a hatmaker in Portugal.
Bela