Monday, February 9, 2009

Timeless Tuesday!

It is time for Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge!!!! Thanks so much for all who played along with us last week. It was so fun checking out all the cards. Keep reading to find out the winner from last week's challenge.

The Friends of Flourishes are bringing you exciting and different challenges each week. Everyone can PLAY and anyone can WIN! Make sure you continue reading to find out how.

This week Betty Wright is hosting the Timeless Tuesday Challenge. It seems that buttons are everywhere. Whether they are tiny or huge, colorful or clear, slick or textured, or even stamped, they are one of the hottest items out there. So, this week your challenge is to use buttons!!!

While we are on the subject of buttons, would you like our Timeless Tuesday blog button for your blog? Come along with me and I will take you to the info.

First, let's go see the clever ways the Blog Team used buttons to give you some ideas to get started.

First stop is Betty Wright. I am using the Flourishes Poppy Patch and Many Sentiments on my card. My card is very bold and bright and covered in dimensional poppies!!! Can you see my two tiny button brads at the bottom left? They are still buttons even if they are tiny...lol!!!!


Buttons can be very elegant and sophisticated, too. Becca Feeken uses the Thank You set in wonderful creams and golds and accented with a lush satin ribbon adorned with ornate buttons. This is one stunning Thank You card!!!!

Next stop is Cindy Haffner's . Her card uses the Fantasy Floral Garden set. I need to get this set. I just love the many flowers that come in this set. Cindy colored it so beautifully, too. Her card boasts some beautiful colors, patterns, and textures. I love her little embellished assortment of colorful and see-through buttons. Did you see the tiny little button brad wrapped around the ribbon? How clever is that?





Next, we tip toe over to Dee Jackson's where we have a sleeping baby. Shhh.....be very quiet. We NEVER wake sleeping babies...hee hee. Dee is using the Rock-A-Bye set. Oh, this is so cute and beautifully done. I just love the way she colored the moon. Love her pearlized button with a touch of pink gingham ribbon, too. Adorable card!!!!!



Continuing on our journey, we visit Kimberly Crawford’s where she uses the Many Sentiments set to create this stunningly bold and beautiful card. Love the ALL black base with white embossed sentiment. She also uses Basic Gray Urban Prairie dp which is available in the Flourishes store. I just LOVE her clear button edge detailing and dp backed big button. Great look and effect!!!





It is pure Euphoria at Silke Ledlow’s . She uses the I Love Roses set and frames it beautifully in the Basic Gray Euphoria dp also sold at the Flourishes store. I love the soft palette of colors and frame detailing to bring focus to this lovely and beautifully colored rose. Note her little cluster of color coordinating buttons. Beautiful card!!!!!




Make sure to check out each blog team members links to get more card specifics.

As always thanks so much for stopping by. You cannot leave just yet, though. We have more to share. First we need to announce our FIRST Timeless Tuesday Winner!!!!!


Last week's Timeless Tuesday Winner (FTTC1) decided by Random.org is



Random Integer Generator
Here are your random numbers:8
Timestamp: 2009-02-10 01:13:51 UTC



Lori (loree2000 SCS) WooHoo!!!
Congratulations on being the FIRST Timeless Tuesday Winner!!!!!


Lori, email: flourishesllccustomerservice@cox.net and they will send you the gift card code!!!!



Remember. I mentioned something at the beginning about getting the Timeless Tuesday blog button for your blog. Check here for the code



Now, it is your turn to play in our button challenge!!!!

Here are the Rules!!!!

  • Anyone can play whether you have Flourishes stamps or not. Of course, if you have Flourishes stamps, by all means, use them.

  • Use code word FTTC2 when linking to SCS or public gallery.

  • Leave a comment on this post with a link to your creation. Please give a direct link to your blog post so we can see the the Flourishes challenge post and not just the generic page. To get the full link, click to read the comments. Another page will open that will have just the one card and your comments. Copy and paste that link here in the comments section.

  • If you use either your blog link or online gallery, please give an active Flourishes Newsletter link.

  • You can combine this challenge with as many others as you want.

  • The deadline to win is Monday at 5 pm EST.

  • Enjoy yourself!!!

Make sure you post your card link back here to the Flourishes Newsletter and use the code FTTC2 if you load your card to SCS or another gallery. We cannot wait to see what you create!!!!

Always,
Your Flourishes Friends!!!

32 comments:

Stacy Morgan said...

Fabulous cards girls! All so different and so cool! Buttons... That will be a hard one, but I will give it a try this week.

Anonymous said...

Great cards, All! I love using buttons. In fact, I made a card last night that had buttons on it. I won't cheat and use it for this challenge though. LOL!

Karen W said...

Awesome cards as usual and I visit their blogs every day and Have made cards inspired by them a lot.

NancyK said...

What incredible cards you ladies have created! I can't wait to see what everyone else does!

The Rubber Maid said...

Love all the cards and so I tried to play. Pat
http://rubbermaid.blogspot.com

Mandy said...

I LOVE using buttons...great challenge. Here is my card:
http://mandyspaperplayground.blogspot.com/2009/02/is-it-spring-yet.html

Karen W said...

I loaded my card on the SCS for this challenge today also. Here is the link to my gallery, thanks for giving us all the ideas to inspire us!
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=158153

Latisha said...

how cool!
buttons..someone should have told me lol
maybe I can work something out later

Latisha said...

love love love all of your cards!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards!! Another great challenge! Congratulations to Lori on winning last week's challenge!

Linda said...

Yea, I finished my card! I ended up actually making it meet 4 challenges!

here's my card

Anonymous said...

All fantastic cards ladies. Up till now I've only made one card with a button, so I will have to try this challenge and make it 2, LOL.

Connie M. said...

What beautiful cards, and such a great challenge!! I don't have a lot on the lines of buttons but found this one in with all of my sewing stuff!

http://cmc2stamp.blogspot.com/2009/02/fllcfeb-fttc2-mojo72-what-combination.html

Anonymous said...

Here's my card for this week's Timeless Tuesday -- http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1230694?nocache=1

Good challenge, Betty!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet challenge and a great way to encourage us to use all these buttons we save. The cards are inspiring everyone is so talented.

Anonymous said...

Forgot to leave the address:
http://stampingthyme.blogspot.com/09/10 music and love
stamping thyme

Unknown said...

Gotta love buttons

My card is here

Barbara said...

Ooooo, fun challenge!!! All your samples are simply gorgeous, ladies!! Here's my card:

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1231543?cat=500&ppuser=177243

Anonymous said...

Fun challenge! Hereis my card for this week.

Fonda @Southern Scraps said...

This was a fun challenge! Here is my card

Anonymous said...

It just gets better here, loving using buttons, they are such a great embellishment - thanks for the inspiration Betty! Here is my card:

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1232093?nocache=1

Thanks you so much!
Lovely Linda

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting me play. I love everything on your site, it is so fun to look at!

Liz Williams said...

I have a thing for buttons which ties so closely with sweet memories of my grandmothers house. There wasn't ever too much to play with there, but she had a button jar and it would fascinate me for hours. I guess we were more easily amused in those days!! I enjoyed making this card for this challenge:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1232406?cat=500&ppuser=7104

Michelle Giraud said...

Fun challenge - I love buttons!

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1232591?cat=500&ppuser=77954

~Lori Roop said...

Great cards ladies!!

What's not to love about buttons!!?? :D

My SWEET CAKES

Michelle Woerner said...

Ohhhh, Betty! Great challenge -me likey the buttons -LOL! Great cards girls (as always!!).

Here is my card:

http://stopandstamptheroses.blogspot.com/2009/02/timeless-tuesday-challenge.html

P.S. with all the excitement of seeing the sneak peeks, I almost forgot to link my card!!

Angela said...

Here is my card... Oh, how I love buttons. So much fun to use.

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=418976

Theresa Momber said...

Gorgeous samples form the DT! Thanks for the challenge. Here is my submission.

Anita said...

Here is my card.
http://cardsandcoffee.blogspot.com/2009/02/chairs-buttons.html

Anonymous said...

Well I did get one done and here is my card.
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1237219?si=AussieParcher

Liz Williams said...

Giving it one more try so my odds are better!!!! Here's my latest card: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1238578?cat=500&ppuser=7104

Lunet Media said...

Great cards, nice thanks for sharing, nice