The Friends of Flourishes blog team are bringing you exciting and different challenges each week. Everyone can PLAY and anyone can WIN! Make sure you continue reading to find out how.
This week Dee Jackson is hosting the Timeless Tuesday Challenge. Flowers, flowers everywhere!!! Whether they are stamped, silk, real, paper, felt, fabric, dried, crocheted, or clear, if it looks like a flower it is a flower!!! So, this week your challenge is to use flowers!!!!
Come along with me and let us go see what the blop team created using flowers!!!!
First up is Dee Jackson. Dee has created a flower garden of daffodils and poppies. She is using the Flourishes newly released Signs of Spring set and combined it with the ever popular Poppy Patch set. Love the arrangement Dee created and her coloring is wonderful. These sets compliment each other beautifully. Each flower has been cut out and popped up to create dimension. Great look and effect!!!!!
Take a look at this wonderful card Silke Ledlow has a created. She uses the Flourishes newly released Signs of Spring set as well. This set is so versatile. I just love her beautifully colored basket of flowers and how she cut out the little chicks and popped them up to create dimension. Love the two flower primas with button detailing at the top. Wonderful card!!!
Becca Feeken is also using the newly released Signs of Spring set. She is showcasing a flower within a flower for her challenge card. The lily from the set is at the heart of the sunflower diecut stems. The colors and coloring are fabulous. Love the flower tole technique used with this flower, too. It creates beautiful dimension. The punched border frames the card so beautifully, too.
Next is Betty Wright. I am using the Flourishes newly released Signs of Spring set on my card, too. I focused on only ONE flower. I decided to watercolor this beautiful flower. Love the size of this flower. It can definitely be a true stand alone. I used some black satin ribbon and Basic Gray Urban Prairie dp and brads found at the Flourishes store to finish my card.
Last up, is Cindy Haffner's . Her card uses the Birds and Vine set. I just love this bold color combo and the way Cindy spotlighted two of the birds is just stunning. Look at those tiny white punched out little dots she used to emphasize the flowers on the vine. I love the fan layout with sentiment tag. Great prima flower detailing, too. Beautiful card!!!!
Timeless Tuesday Winner(FTTC2)!!!!!
Random Integer Generator
Here are your random numbers:7
Timestamp: 2009-02-16 22:16:38 UTC
Karen(Karen W) WooHoo!!! Congratulations!!!!!
By the way, if you still do not have our lovely Timeless Tuesday blog button for your blog.
Here are the Rules!!!!
- Anyone can play whether you have Flourishes stamps or not. Of course, if you have Flourishes stamps, by all means, use them.
- Use code word FTTC3 when linking to SCS or public gallery.
- Leave a comment on this post with a link to your creation. Please give a direct link to your blog post so we can see the the Flourishes challenge post and not just the generic page. To get the full link, click to read the comments. Another page will open that will have just the one card and your comments. Copy and paste that link here in the comments section.
- If you use either your blog link or online gallery, please give an active Flourishes Newsletter link.
- You can combine this challenge with as many others as you want.
- The deadline to win is Monday at 5 pm EST.
- Enjoy yourself!!!
- Make sure you post your card link back here to the Flourishes Newsletter and use the code FTTC3 if you load your card to SCS or another gallery.
We cannot wait to see what you create!!!!
Your Flourishes Friends!!!