For those of you who are new to the site, the Friends of Flourishes blog team are bringing you exciting and different challenges each week. Everyone can PLAY and anyone can WIN! Make sure you continue reading to find out how.
This week Silke Ledlow is hosting the Timeless Tuesday Challenge. She wants us to use vellum on our cards. There are all types of vellums. You have vellum cardstock, vellum paper, colored vellum, embossed vellum, printed vellum, and all kinds of vellum stickers and embellishments. In addition, there are many techniques that can be done using vellum. So, the challenge this week is to dust off your vellum stash and do something with it!!!!
Let’s go see the many different ways the blog team has used vellum.
Up first is our challenge host Silke Ledlow . She is using the Flourishes Thank You set in shades of purples. She has used vellum in two places on her card. The first is a background layer behind the flower. It is used to soften the designer paper and create visual interest. Her other use of vellum is the border punch. This is fabulous and the gem detailing is just perfection. Love how she colored the flower so beautifully, too!!!!
Next is Betty Wright. I am using the Flourishes Summer Botanicals and Many Sentiment sets. I am using some altered Basic Gray Urban Prairie dp found at the Flourishes store. I stamped and sponged each piece to create a more vintage feel. I love the solid coneflower image. I think it looks just as beautiful in colors as it does in silhouette. I used a vellum overlay sentiment tag!
Next is Cindy Haffner's . Her card uses uses the Flourishes February release Signs of Spring set. Cindy is using a scripted printed vellum envelop to create this boldly colored card which she accessorized beautifully with the tole daffodil flowers. The wonderfully colored flowers are so striking and dimensional. The little black die cut leaves just compliements the daffodils beautifully, too. Love how she included the Monet quote as the finishing touch!!!!!
Be sure to check out each designer's blog links for more specific card details.
Becca and Dee could not be with us this week because they are in Florida finishing up a fabulous Flourishes Weekend Craft retreat with Copic class. I cannot wait to see photos of what they all did and learned these past few days!!!
Timeless Tuesday Winner(FTTC3)!!!!!
Random Integer Generator Here are your random numbers:12
Timestamp: 2009-02-23 23:39:45 UTC
Rachel( Rachel V) Congratulations!!!!!
Rachel, email: email@example.com and they will send you the gift card code!!!!
Just want to remind you all that when we started these challenges a few weeks ago we mentioned something about a monthly drawing. Well, everyone still has a chance to win. I will combine all comments with card links in order into a monthly drawing and have Random.org choose a monthly winner, too. So what does that mean to you? It means that any past challenges for the month you can still enter. The more you enter cards the better your chances. Also, it is very important to link back to the actual challenge comment section for Flourishes Timeless Tuesday. So, with Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenges you have more chances to WIN!!!!!
By the way, if you still do not have our lovely Timeless Tuesday blog button for your blog, check here for the codes.
Now, it is your turn to play in our challenge!!!!
Here are the Rules!!!!
- Anyone can play whether you have Flourishes stamps or not. Of course, if you have Flourishes stamps, by all means, use them.
- Use code word FTTC4 when linking to SCS or public gallery.
- Leave a comment on this post with a link to your creation. Please give a direct link to your blog post so we can see the the Flourishes challenge post and not just the generic page. To get the full link, click to read the comments. Another page will open that will have just the one card and your comments. Copy and paste that link here in the comments section.
- If you use either your blog link or online gallery, please give an active Flourishes Newsletter link.
- You can combine this challenge with as many others as you want.
- The deadline to win is Monday at 5 pm EST.
- Enjoy yourself!!!
- Make sure you post your card link back here to the Flourishes Newsletter and use the code FTTC4 if you load your card to SCS or another gallery.
We cannot wait to see what you create!!!! As always, thanks so much for stopping by!!!!
Your Flourishes Friends!!!