Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year! Welcome 2009!

My very best wishes to all for the very best each and every day of 2009 !

My card is very simple today, but with an elegant touch. I am sure most of you are not surprised but that style by me. I just love the Simply Elegant look.

While the card may be simple, my wish for you that you will treasure the days, the moments and the happenings of each day and while I wish for only good I truly understand that it is the clouds, the hard times, the testing of our inner strength that makes us appreciate all the sunshine, the happy times and the self respect we develop thru these times that make us better people.

Card Supplies:

Stamps: You Are Invited and Holiday Greetings

Papers: Brushed Metallic Gold, Ice White, Mirror Silver and Gold

Inks: Encore Gold & Silver with corresponding embossing powders

Accessories: SU Corner Punch, ribbon

Today Technique Highlight

Creating a Faux Bow

This is a simple way to add a special touch of a bow without the actual bow. I find it works well for me in lots of instances.

To Make Your Bow You Will Need:



1. Punch or way of making two holes in the cardstock.

2. Piece of ribbon. Generally I use a piece of ribbon 6 inches long.

Now begin by holding on end of the ribbon--I cut my on a slant for easier threading--and feed half of the ribbon from the FRONT of the card to the BACK of the card stock.



Now do the same with the other end of the ribbon pulling both ends to the back of the cardstock.



Criss Cross: Now take the right side of the ribbon and move it up and out of the way of the left ribbon. Hold it taunt to allow for the left side ribbon to be threaded through the opening on the right side as seen below.



Next step: Pull the left side of the ribbon back thru the right side hole and toward the front of the card.







Repeat the process this time using the right side of the ribbon and pulling it to the left and thru to the front of the card.

Here is a view of the card front with the bow almost done. Now a little trim and Viola!



The look of your faux bow with change with the kind and size of ribbon that you choose to use.

Here is an up close look at the bow on my New Years card for you.



I purposely left the tails a little longer and place a tiny glue dot on the back of each side of the ribbon and adhered it to the card with a little fluff.

Thanks for sharing you time with me today. I hope you enjoyed watching over my shoulder while I worked.



Happy New Year! Ciao,

3 comments:

Debby said...

This is awesome! Thank you so much!

Stacy Morgan said...

Classy! Happy New year!

Anita said...

TFS! What a great way to make a bow. Beautiful card!