Friday, December 19, 2008

Festive Flourishes Friday--I'll be so blue!

Are you ready for another Festive Flourishes Friday Challenge? Well, don't be so "blue" this holiday season! Join us for week three of the Festive Flourishes Friday Challenge! The theme is just as it sounds ~ "You'll be doing alright with your Christmas of white but I'll have a blue, blue Christmas!"Grab your favorite Flourishes stamp set and dress it up with a dose of blue! It doesn't have to be a Christmas card! Any style will do!

Remember, you can join our challenge at any time and, if you make up past challenges and complete all four - your name will be thrown into the hat for a free stamp set of your choice! Simply share a link to your card with a comment here on this post or upload your card to SCS using the keyword FFFC3. Of course, we'd love it if you added the FLLC keyword too so that your work shows up in the SCS company gallery!

Well, as we get to the fabulous "blue" creations, we have a new some exciting news! We have a new face that's joining our Friends of Flourishes team! She's lovely inside and out and to say she is a talented cardmaker would be an understatement! Say hello to Silke Ledlow!


"Hello everyone!!! My name Silke Ledlow, better known as *Sparklegirl*. I'm a mom to 3 beautiful girls, Sarah, Rebecca and Miriam. My husband Jerry and I have been married for almost 15 years. I was born and raised in Germany - to be exact - in beautiful Bavaria!!! We are living in beautiful Georgia and enjoying most of our time outdoors with our Boxer puppy *Luke*.

I was introduced to stamping about 4 years ago and have been hooked ever since!!! It has become my *outlet* from a busy day!!! As you can imagine I'm excited and humbled to be on the *Friends of Flourishes* Team!!!"

And, Silke.... we are excited to have you!!

Now.... to the "blue" creations! Silke starts off this week's Festive Flourishes Friday parade with a gorgeous creation using the Stamp Simply Thank You Set! I love the crisp, elegant simplicity of this card. It's almost as if the flower is saying, "Am I not the prettiest thing you've seen?" :-)

Kimberly Crawford brings us the next creation using the All That Glitters set in a fine shade of blue.... I love the antique gold she added for a pop of glitz! So elegant! And, the way the pine cone ornaments are just hanging there? Stunning!
Becca Feeken's creation just looks like something you'd find hanging on the wall at Grandma's house. It's got class, an antique sophisticated flair with ribbon and a darling crocheted flower. I love the subtle look of the roses from the I Love Roses set and the way she centered up the sentiment from the Thinking of You set. Beautiful!

Cindy Haffner dressed up the Poinsettia from the Poinsettia and Boxwood with a lovely shade of blue that just sparkles like diamonds! I love how she framed up the sentiment from the Holiday Greetings set for a little extra pop of interest!

Dee used a gorgeous midnight blue for her card featuring the All That Glitters set! I love the way the branches of the evergreen tree looks like it is shining in the moon's light! Just looks so serene and pretty - don't you think?


Betty Wright is up next! Her card has a "blue bird come fly away with me theme that is just so stunning in shades of turquoise and teal! She used the I Love Roses set and the Bird And Vine set! I love how that little bird is off in flight!


Yours truly (Julie) decided to join in on the fun this week! And, the Bird and Vine set is also one I reached for! I tried to keep it simple with some decorative paper, pretty ribbon and pearls! The sentiment is from the Holiday Greetings set!


Next on our stop is Christine at Christine's Creations I can't believe how Christine strung the elements of the Autumn Flourishes together to create this stunning wreath decked out in blue! Truly Brilliant!
And, we should point out - this is Christine's last week on the Friends of Flourishes team! Next time you see her fabulous creations it will be here for our January release! We welcomed her aboard to the Senior DT and she graciously accepted! We couldn't be more thrilled! I am a huge fan of Christine's watercolor talents. Her talent just makes Flourishes images look so stunning!

BLOG CANDY ALERT: To honor the two new additions to our fabulous teams, we are offering up some blog candy to usher them in! Silke is giving away two sets ~ the Stamp Simply Thank You and the Spring Ephemerals! And, Christine is giving away the fabulous Poppy Patch Set! So, click on their names, head on over, give them a congrats.... and sign up for some candy!

Thanks for joining us on the blue Christmas tour! I've been told that the SCS Limited Supply Challenge this week is also a Blue Christimas! So, check it out and enter your cards there too!

Have a great weekend!
~Julie

8 comments:

Lisa Kind said...

Here's mine for this challenge:
http://kindcreations.blogspot.com/2008/12/blue-christmas.html

Thanks for the challenge!

Stacy Morgan said...

Congrats Silke. Wonderful cards girls. Congrats to you Christine for senior DT. Off to stamp if I can... :0)

Tracey said...

These cards are all gorgeous!!

retiredheather said...

It is hard to imagine that so much beauty could be found on one site! These are all truely stunning. I feel privileged to be part of your following.
Happy Holidays
Heather

Silke Ledlow said...

Fabulous cards ladies!!! I can't even express how excited I am to be on this awesome team!!!

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

Latisha said...

OMGoodness, what wonderful cards, they are all fantastic!!

Pastor Terry said...

Thanks for the challenge...here is my entry -

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1164605?cat=500&ppuser=203664

Karen W said...

Congratulations to Silke that is so exciting, I love her blog also. The cards are just stunning and I had so much fun playing along. Please keep the elegant stamps coming, they are just gorgeous!!