Friday, December 12, 2008

Winter White Wedding Lace

Today, you may notice something is a little different on the Flourishes Newsletter. I have added my picture. I just thought you might like to put a face to the name that is writing this post, since there are three Flourishes and Julie, our DT coordinator, and we all take turns authoring the articles. I want to get to know each of you as well and when I visit your blogs your avatar is up so I can put a name with a voice so to speak.

And while you are getting to know me up close and personal I want to share a new joy in Mike & my personal life.....we are getting a new addition. We are getting a child ! NO, I am not having a child, but we are becoming permanent custodial parents of a 15 year old! His name is James--Jocko to us, and we have had him in our care on and off many times in his short life. I expect that Jocko will change our lives in many ways and either keep us young or make us grow old even faster...LOL

Now to our real business at Flourishes! Every Friday the Flourishes Bloggers take their turn to shine and yesterday it was all about monochromatic dressed up or dressed down. It was also day three in our fabulous December release week. I am featuring the Lace & Trims set today. This set has a very special place in my heart. Marcella and I used old lace and my great, great grandmother's wedding day handkerchief for this set. Sometime later I will share more on my love of old lace.

lace-winter-wedding-8ajpg1
For my part of the Festive Flourishes Friday Bloggers I used the central image in the set. A large image that is 5 1/2 inches long and 2 3/4 inches wide. It was stamped onto vellum with Versamark then heat embossed with white detail powder. To give it some extra depth I used my silver Spica-Copic Metallic pen to outline and define areas and then smudged it to not leave a line. Kaiser flat back pearls in Champagne were added to the center of each of the flowers in the lace. I used my Japanese Paper drill to punch holes down the center of the lace pattern then wove the small ribbon thru it, placing another but smaller pearl over the hole. To add a touch of glimmer I used the tiniest Kaiser rhinestones. Three slightly off white paper flowers, each studded with a tiny rhinestone, a few green leaves, ribbon bow, streamers with a Love sentiment from the set made my lace panel ready to apply to my card. The card base is a 5 1/2" square done with Ice White Metallic from Flourishes. I embossed a panel of the same paper with my cuttlebug folder, the cut it in half and adhered it to the top and bottom of my card base. Then I attached the vellum lace panel....Viola

Thanks for stopping in for a peek over my shoulder. I have been very busy in my corner of the Atelier at Flourishes...my little section is called "Creative License", and I have been very busy there. Tomorrow I will share more of my card creations with you.


Here is a look at Lace & Trims. Remember we have a Special Bundle Price for all three sets released this month.

Lace and Trim

Thanks for stopping in today!

Ciao,

5 comments:

Stacy Morgan said...

Great picture Jan. How excited and such a blessing for you and Mike. I am sure that he will be a great job for you both. Enjoy all your new found adventures together!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you and Mike - what a lucky young man Jocko is to have become a member of your family. Your lace is so sweet and elegant - I adore your card.

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Beautiful card Jan Marie! Love the elegance of white on white. Congrats on the new addition! I hope Jocko brightens your lives and you his!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new permanent addition to your family, Jan. I wish your whole family lots of happiness. Your card is so so pretty.

Anonymous said...

Congrats in your new addition to the family! I am sure he will be happy to be with you permanently. Hope that he keeps you both young for many, many years.