Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Cute & Classy Card Set

When these cute little Jenni Bowlin paper packs made their way into the store, I knew right away they would make up perfect card sets! So, of course, I had to give it a try!

Here's a peek at what I cooked up - a box set of these little 4-1/4" square cards!

Supplies:
Jenni Bowlin Papers from these collections:
Red/Black Line
Vintage Cream & Black
Vintage Red
Black Card Stock
Cream Card Stock
Deep Red Card Stock
Scallop Edge Black Ribbon
Palette Noir Ink
Martha Steward Edge Punch
Ornare piercing tool and mat
Mini Square Envelopes
Antique Linen Distress Ink and sponge
Self stick pearls or rhinestones
Two sizes of oval punches
Cutter with scoring blade

Making The Box:
Start with an 8" by 8" piece of red cardstock and score 1-1/2" in on all sides. Now, cut the edges of every other flap so that it looks like this:

From here, bend in the flaps so that you form a box. You will want to use a red line style super tacky tape to make sure your box stays held together well. Here's what the bottom will look like...


Making the top of the lid is very much the same. The top measures 7-1/4" and you will score 1" in on all sides. The center measurement will = 5-1/4" so that it will fit nicely on top of your base.

Now, it's time to deck out the lid! I used the bird paper from the Vintage Cream and Black, matted it on a 4-1/4" piece of deep red that I edged with a gold leaf pen. Add a 1-1/2" strip that was edged with the help of a Martha Stewart punch. Add some black scallop edge ribbon and then, a tag created by two sizes of oval punches. I used the "For You" from the Signs of Spring set. Add some gold bling and the lid is done! I should tell you, I did pop up the center image with some foam tape. Making The Cards:

This is where you can really let your creativity shine! Just think - with one paper pack, you get 24 color coordinated papers with 4 of each design. That means -- you could potentially make 5 of these sets with one of these little paper packs! Pretty cool huh?

I used the Timeless Quotes set for all my sentiments and I sponged distress ink on all of them. Since the cards are pretty self-explanatory, I'll just show you what I did. In some of the photos, you'll see I decked out the envelopes too! I just used the little floral scroll that is a part of the Timeless Quotes set and stamped it using the distress ink.

Card #1

Card #2 Card #3
Card #4

Here is a look again at what the entire set looks like in the box! Wouldn't this make the neatest gift?
With 9 different collections of these papers in the store, you can see the options are endless! You can't go wrong because the color combos are all put together for you! If you decide to make a card set like this, we'd love to see what you create! Be sure to link up here so that we can all take a peek!
Thanks for stopping by!
p.s. FYI: Stacy will be back tomorrow with a fabulous tutorial on how these papers make a darling gift perfect for any little trinket you might want to deliver to a friend! So, stop back!

9 comments:

Norine said...

Now this is just so pretty love it
Hugs
Norine

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

How pretty are these! Love those new papers. Thanks for sharing.

flourishes said...

Julie these cards are just wonderful. Thanks for the tutorial....wonderful use of the Jenni Bowlin and little envelopes.

Anonymous said...

Very nice. And you are right...this would be such a great gift to give someone.

Barbara said...

Julie, this is a fabulous set! Those papers are just perfect! Thanks for the tutorial!

Stacy Morgan said...

Julie this is fantastic! Great little set!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Julie! Everything about this project is gorgeous! Thanks for the inspiration!

Marilyn Hitterman said...

Love this card set!! I, in fact, am copying the instructions so I can make the box. I love the black & white cards!!!

Leslie Miller said...

Gosh, this is great, Julie! I had in mind to make a boxed set with these little cards. So cute! I love how easy these papers are to work with and turn out beautiful cards! I just love your whole set!