Friday, March 27, 2009

Video tutorial of tying bows with ribbon


Hello bloggers, Latisha here. Today I'm showing you a video on how I tie my bows. I hope you enjoy it, and even learn something new. The ribbon used can be found at the Flourishes site, its the pink 3/8in May Arts satin ribbon.


Here is a close up picture of the card, as you can see I added a few Kaiser Rhinestones.


A full view of the card.

Materials used:

Signs of Spring stamp set

Scalloped square Nestability die

3/8 in May Arts Pink Satin Ribbon

Kaiser pink rhinestones

Copic Markers

Palette ink

Please visit the rest of the design team to see their cards.








10 comments:

Lesley said...

Thank you!! I struggle with bows and I love the look of ribbon!! Would never have thought to turn the card around when tying the ribbon! So clever!!

Have a great day!

Lesley :)

Anonymous said...

Great little video, Latisha! I always have to turn my card upside down when I tie my bows, too. I wonder why that is? Loved how you made such a pretty bow without doing the bunny ears technique, too. Bunny ears take so much more ribbon, it seems. BTW, I think I need ALL of Flourishes 3/8" satin ribbon. I LOVE that stuff! It makes the prettiest bows and knots and is so smooth and not too bulky. Thank you!

Bastelfrosch's Kreativseite said...

I find this idea for a card wonderful. And the blog pleases me so much. I become it also left on my page.

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Fabulous Latisha! My bows are always upside down too...so I do the same, and flip my card at the same point you do! Too funny. Love your card...the ribbon definitely finishes it beautifully!

Anonymous said...

Well, I learnt something Latisha so thanks. I also have trouble with bows but never tried the way of turning the card upside down. I will give it a try.

Anonymous said...

Latisha, your video was so helpful. I also have to flip my card around. It is because we are right handed and tie right to left instead of left to right. I love how you EB right on your main CS. TFS your sweet and pretty card.

CreativSpirit said...

Thanks for sharing that little technique, I enjoyed it and will try it out when I next need to tie a bow, better still, I'll try it out soon.

Cheers,

Rob

Altered Annie said...

Wow, that was perfect! Thanks!

Anita said...

Thanks Latisha for sharing a wonderful video. Now I can make bows just like you.
Here is a card I did using your directions.
http://cardsandcoffee.blogspot.com/2009/03/pink-easter.html

Jen said...

Thanks Latisha!