Saturday, December 5, 2009

In the Limelight!

Where does time go? It seem like just yesterday I was introducing the fun and fabulous Jenny Gropp as our Limelight Designer. We watched her creative projects sprout up here on the Flourishes Newsletter and then... bam! Her time was up! We want to give a big and warm thanks to Jenny for sharing her time and wonderful talents with us!

And with December comes a new talented designer to grace the Limelight stage! This designer is one that hails from Norway and she's one that I have been watching create for about a year now. I am honestly in awe of her talent!

Introducing.....
To give you a little taste of Yvonne's style, I thought I'd share some of my favorite creations that she whipped up using Flourishes stamps!


I absolutely love her unique flair and we are sure you will too when you stop by each Sunday in December to see what she's has created! We asked Yvonne to share a little bit about herself to get ready for her big debut!
I think I`ll just start with some facts... I`m 32 years old, have a wonderful, supportive husband and three awesome kids. I work as a nurse in a hospital and love the challenges I meet there every day. But when I`m not working you`ll find me hanging out with my family or playing around in my tiny craft room!

I discovered the world of paper crafting about two years ago, when I decided to make a family album. Oh my, I was overwhelmed by all the products and ideas! So I started out as a scrapbooker, but shortly after I discovered card making - and I was completely bitten by the bug! I loved being creative as a child, and finding that side of me as an adult has been such a joy.

When Julie asked me to be the Flourishes Limelight designer for December, I wrote back to her saying, "How could I ever say no to that!?" After all, Flourishes was the very first stamp company I completely fell in love with. I just love the classic, timeless images! So I hope you`ll pop back in tomorrow and have a peek!
We hope you do pop back! In the meantime, if you want to see more of Yvonne's creations, all you need to do is visit her home on the web ~ Yvonne's place.
Until tomorrow!

18 comments:

Kathy Jones said...

CONGRATULATIONS Yvonne!!!! You so deserve this honour - your talent is truly incredible!!!!

Diane said...

Gorgeous cards.....a great pick for the linelight guest designer!

ChristineCreations said...

Well, if these sneak peeks are any indication Yvonne....we're in for a wonderful treat. You are a beautiful colorist!

SandyK said...

Congratulations! Your cards are beautiful. You are a good match for Flourishes.

Linda Carson said...

WOW! Your artwork is STUNNING! Looking forward to all of your Limelights!!

Sewflake said...

I am so excited, we are all in for a coloring and design explosion! Wonderful creations!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh yes I've beening following Yvonne, and just love her work.

Stacy Morgan said...

Congrats Yvonne! I have followed you or stalked you for awhile now as you know, hee hee I adore your work girlie! Big congrats! hugs..

flourishes said...

Congratulations and welcome to the Flourishes Limelight Designer Spot. I especially love your work and pleased thatyou will share your talent with all the the stampers that visit FLLC.
Thanks Again,
Jan Marie

Anonymous said...

Your cards are gorgeous! Congratulations Yvonne!

Jenny Gropp said...

WOW -- stunning cards!!! Look forward to seeing what she has in store for us on Sunday!!!

nancy littrell said...

Yvonne, your cards are gorgeous! I do see the Scandinavian influence in your beautiful creations. I can't wait to see more of your Flourishes creations. Congratulations...

momof5sons said...

There is some beautiful work here ad on your blog. Looking forward to your month in the Limelight. Congratulations!

Carol Southern said...

Congrats to you. I'm a regular visitor to your site, love your cards. Look forward to seeing more.

Betty Benton said...

Stunning cards! You have certainly picked a winner in Yvonne, Jan Marie! I'm headed to her blog to see even more and look forward to her creations this month!

Unknown said...

Woohoo! Congratulations Yvonne!! I'm a big fan of your work. Cant' wait to see what you are showing us as Limelight designer!

Leslie Miller said...

Yvonne, I'm so happy to see you here today! I'm sure you know how I love your work. I can hardly say how excited I am for you to be sharing for Flourishes this month!

pam124 said...

CONGRATS Yvonne!!! Ooooh, I've seen your gallery and FELL IN LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT!! How fortunate for Flourishes and us that you have been selected the guest designer. Can't wait to see what's in store!!