Wednesday, February 24, 2010

It's a Celebration!

We have a little secret here at Flourishes and we can't wait to share and celebrate! Tomorrow is our fearless leader, Jan Marie Caruso's birthday! Let's all sing! Ok, maybe not. But, we can light the candles... literally... on a brand new set drawn by the talented Becky Fleck!

Introducing.....

Let them Eat Cake!

Becky did have a few words to share about the inspiration behind this beautiful set!

Much to my mother's chagrin, I am a tomboy through and through. I think the last time I wore pink was my wedding and it was with a great deal of protest. Naturally, anything girly or frou-frou just doesn't resonate with me. When Flourishes asked me to create this particular stamp set, I had just seen the Marie Antoinette movie with Kirsten Dunst (and now you're probably wondering WHY I watched that movie, but that's an entire novella all unto its own). Suffice it to say I was feeling a bit "inspired" after seeing the story about the life of this ill-fated queen. Her battle cry, "Let them eat cake!" motivated these designs and I hope you enjoy stamping with them as I much as I did creating them. Now if I could only talk Flourishes into some sort of camo stamp set ...

Hhhmmm. Camo? Not sure about that one Becky! :-) Being the good sport she is, Becky even made a card for Jan to send along cyber well wishes for a great year! Isn't it darling?

If you'd like a peek at this set in the store -- it's there for the taking! Just click HERE to see.

Get ready! Tomorrow, it's the Senior Design Team's turn to wish Jan a fun-filled birthday! We plan to hop along with fun and games that even YOU can participate in! So, hop on back and see what we have in store for Jan!

6 comments:

StampinCathy said...

This is one beautiful set. Can't wait to celebrate and hop along tomorrow.

Elaine A said...

What a breathtaking set of stamps! I love that cupcake!

Elaine Allen

Sonya said...

WOW! Such a absolutely beautiful set. I'm glad Becky was able to find the inspiration to create this one! Now if she could add an "E" in that letter combination and say create a Cameo set that might be more well suited to the Flourishes design tastes! While I love pink and frills I also love camo too (guess because my son is a Marine). Lucky for me I am able to create with a variety of looks, depending upon whom the creation is for. If you take the time to checkout my blog (dated February 16th) you can see how I've created a variety of different cards based on what was requested for specific challenges. As of yet I haven't been able to purchase any stamps from Flourishes, I just found the site and immediately fell in love and hope to be able to purchase a couple of set soon. It will be hard to decide though because there are so many gorgeous sets that I absolutely love and want! Now that I am a Flourishes Fan and try to check the site frequently I too am looking forward to tomorrow fun and games and Wishing Jan a very Happy Birthday and a year full of blessings.

Carol L said...

It's a little early, but have a very happy birthday Jan!! May this be one of your best birthdays yet!!!
What a lovely stamp set! Gorgeous!!

kathy s said...

What another "sweet" set(sorry
couldn't help myself) and I agree you need to design a not so frou frou set I know it goes against the grain but I bet it would sell like hot cakes.

stampqueen said...

Happy Birthday Jan Marie!!! I work today (thursday) so won't get to play along with the blog hop till about 8 pm tonight (if I get off work on time that is....) - See you then.