Sunday, February 21, 2010

Ready for Spring

Wow, the snow has been crazy here on Long Island and now that it's starting to melt it's all a huge mess! I am so ready for the spring-which is was inspired this set that I created for this weeks Limelight design.


I started by altering a plain lined notebook with a piece of paper from Imaginisce. I used some luscious purple silk ribbon which matched wonderfully with the purple Prism cardstock I used to mat all of my images. The images are all from the set Sweet Violets. I used the larger image for both the center of the journal and the bookmark and the smaller image for the plant marker. All are stamped on Flourishes white card stock and colored with Copic markers. On both larger images I used a touch of purple and green Stickels for a tiny bit of sparkle and depth and shaded around the images with Prismacolor pencils and odorless mineral spirits. They were all cut out using Nestabilities dies and inked around the edges with Distress Ink in Antique Linen.


Here is a close up of the front cover. The dp has a faded script design running across it giving it an aged feel. I stamped and cutout an additional leaf and used it and buttons to adorn a computer generate label I made for the journal. You can also see some of the sparkle at this angle.


This is the plant marker I created. I used a craft stick that I stamped violets onto. I knew that bag of craft sticks would come in handy some day! I'd better start making more markers...


And finally I created a bookmark to keep my place in my journal just in case my dirty fingerprints don't show me the way ;) Again I used that luxurious silk ribbon! Ooh, I love this stuff! It makes the most stunning bows too!

Grouped together this makes a wonderful gift set...and I have a wonderful neighbor this would be perfect for, unless of course I keep it for myself, lol! Have a great weekend!

19 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What an absolutely stunning set - I am envious, and I wouldn't blame you for not parting with it!!

Alexandra said...

a wonderful spring-set.
hugs
sanny

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

This is a masterpiece, LOVE it!!!
I must remember that it creates so much interest to cut the panel so that parts of the image are left out - I'm always afraid to do this lol.

Coralee Schindel said...

Absolutely fabulous as usual! :)

Julie Koerber said...

Holy cow is this one beauty of a set! I'm speechless... which is really saying something!! :-)

The Rubber Maid said...

This is a beautiful project and the coloring is just perfect. Love the sweet flowers and just everything about it all. Pat

Barbara said...

Gorgeous, Danielle!! Um, I'd keep it ;-)

Sonya said...

Incredibly fabulous set of goodies made with one of my favorite sets too! Love it! How lovely this set would be as a gift for a special friend, a spring B-day or Easter. Thanks for sharing your amazing desing.

Robin McK said...

What an amazing set of projects! SO beautiful!

Unknown said...

Now those are just too cute!!

Carol Dee said...

I am loving this, yes I am ready for SPRING, It can not come soon enough!

Stacy Morgan said...

This is beautiful. What a wonderful little gift set. Your coloring is fantastic!

ChristineCreations said...

Oh how DELICIOUS Danielle! I love the sweet bookmark, and I love how you stamped the plant stick! What a beautiful ensemble!

Traci M said...

What a great set,love the bookmark and plant to go with the journal...pure sweetness!

Betty Benton said...

Beautiful creations! Love those violets!

Rose Ann said...

Everything looks gorgeous, Danielle!!

Gloria Westerman said...

This is so lovely.....I love it...I really need to get this set....thank you for sharing....

Sassy said...

So GORGEOUS!

Etha said...

This is so beautiful :)