Monday, February 15, 2010

A New & Talented Designer on our Team!

A few months back, we lost a very talented designer -- Faith Hofrichter -- as she decided to break out on her own and open her own web store. The thought of adding a new face to the team was difficult. We have such a talented and great group of ladies, how do you ever really replace them? Well, it was tough and you can say I took my sweet time! But, after searching far and wide, my eyes landed on one lady's blog and I kept coming back for more! Eventually, we took a leap and asked this fine designer to join us! And guess what? She said YES!

So, without further ado, meet......

When you visit Dawn's blog, My Stamping Thyme, it's like one big dose of "happy!" She loves cheerful colors and often uses fun embellishments that literally make you smile. You should pay her a visit! She also has amazing coloring skills, and that's what drew me in time and time again!

In preparation for her big reveal, we asked her to grab one of her favorite Flourishes sets and make a card. She whipped up this cheery Strawberries creation using a mix of Prismacolor Pencils and Copic markers. Isn't it just darling?

We also asked Dawn to share a few thoughts and a little bit about herself too!

Hello everyone.. I am Dawn Burnworth and I am so excited to be joining this amazing design team. I have admired their work and creativity here at Flourishes.

I have always been a crafty girl.. I grew up in northern Illinois in a large family. I started out sewing one summer with my aunt.. She was such a huge influence in my life. I got so homesick and she was trying to keep my mind busy. I still find that when I am really stressed that a crafty type project eases my mind. She planted a seed in me that has been an important part of who I am.

I have a wonderfully supportive husband that puts up with my crafty "needs" and 5 great kids. I started stamping about 5 years ago. I remember uploading my first card to a challenge and how nervous I was. I have learned so much from all of the amazing talent out there.

I look forward to creating with the rest of the team and I am so happy to be stamping with Flourishes terrific stamps and thank you for this opportunity.


Thanks Dawn! We know it's going to be a fun ride and a blast getting to know you better!

Before we go, we wanted to share a darling card from one of our past DT members, Susan Roberts! She pulled out all the stops to make this footloose and fancy free card just in time for Mardi Gras!!!


Susan's fun-filled card uses Flourishes Mardi Gras set! If you want to know more about this creation, just pay Susan a visit HERE.

Thanks for stopping by everyone! Betty and the gals will be back soon for another Timeless Tuesday Challenge!!

~Julie

32 comments:

The Wired Angel said...

Dawn's work is amazing and you have made an excellent decision to have her join your team. How lucky for you... how lucky for Dawn to join such an exceptional organization. Best of luck to everyone.

Sabrina said...

Congratulations, Dawn :D.

Heide said...

Dawn,
Congratulations on the the DT! I think your work is incredible and I am so happy for you! I am looking forward to seeing more of your work over on the Florishes blog.

Lovely Linda said...

Congratulations Dawn - I am so thrilled for you - what an addition you will be to the Flourishes Team - you know I LOVE your work andnow I get to see it each week as I play along with the FTTC! You are amazing! Enjoy the ride Dawn! God bless you my Friend! {{{hugs}}}

Cammie said...

Congratulations, Dawn! I look forward to seeing your creations.

Cindy Lawrence said...

Congratulations, Dawn! Soooo excited to have such a sweet and talented new face on the team! :)

Barbara said...

Congratulations, Dawn!!! Looking forward to seeing your gorgeous creations!

Stacy Morgan said...

Whohoo... Congrats Dawn! I am so excited to have you on the team. ;0)

Crystal said...

OH WOW Dawn is AMAZING what a fantastic addition to this team!!! Congrats Dawn!

kANNAdyjka said...

AWESOME CHOICE!!! I'm following Dawn's blog for a while and she is one of the best! Congrats Dawn!

Denise said...

Oh Dawn, I am so excited for you. I adore you and your work. Congratulations, girlfriend! I look forward to more of your amazing creations.

Anonymous said...

Wow!! A wonderful choice for Flourishes, I LOVE Dawn's artistry and fresh style!! Congratulations Dawn!!!
Smiles,Deena

Latisha said...

Congratulations and welcome to the team!

jovialjudi said...

Fabulous Dawn! Congrats to you!! I have yet to meet Dawn in person but she actually lives close by to me! I love her work and can proudly say I have some of her gorgeous artwork hanging in my craft room. You will be joining a great team. Flourishes is top notch...but so are you! Hugs, Judi

Unknown said...

Yay! Lucky Flourishes! Dawn is fantastic! I'm sure you will all have so much creative fun!

Cassie said...

dawn is absolutely one of my favorite people. her style is unmatched but she's also super wonderful and sweet too. you could not have found a better addition to your team in my opinion! Sooo looking forward to seeing her creations!

ChristineCreations said...

We are so blessed to have you Dawn! Woo Hoo!

Unknown said...

Woohoo!! Dawn in da house!! I love her work and style! I'm so happy she is in the team. Congratulations, girlfriend!!

Sassy Cheryl said...

Wow. Well deserved You have such an amazing talent!!

Betty Wright said...

Dawn, welcome to the Flourishes SDT! I know you have mad coloring skills so I am looking forward to seeing what you create! Fantastic!

Carol Southern said...

Congratulations Dawn. Have a wonderful time creating with these great stamps. Look forward to seeing some of your cards.

Denise Marzec said...

Whoooooo-hoooooooo, huge CONGRATS to Dawn! You're right, her coloring skills are AMAZING! AWESOME choice for the team!

dpkennedy said...

Wow, your strawberry card is stunning! What a great addition to the team! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Dawn,

Enjoy Flourishes stamps...they are some of my "favorite rubba" images since I'm an "ol fashion girl. Digi, are cool, but I'm a heat embosser @ heart!

Congratulations

Traci M said...

Congratulations Dawn!! I love what you have done with my favorite Flourishes stamp...beautiful coloring and so artfully embellished!! You will showcase Flourishes so well with your amazing talent!!

Grace said...

Big huge congratulations to you Dawn! You know Flourishes is one of my favorite stamp companies... love those florals you know!!! You will be a great asset to the Flourishes team! Can't wait to see all your new creations!!!

Dawn said...

Congrats Dawn!!! Your amazing creations and talent plus Flourishes...perfect!

Darlene said...

Whoo Hoo ... congrats to Dawn .. her work is amazing and she is a truly AWESOME person! I have NO DOUBT she will do Flourishes proud!! You go girl!!!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Congratulations, my friend!!!! I am not in the least bit surprised that Flourishes snatched you up,hehe.....you will blow everybody away with your over the top coloring skills!!!Oh my, are these Flourishes stamps perfect for you!!! Big hugs GF and I am looking forward seeing your Flourishes creations ;D. Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

pam124 said...

OMG, Dawn, Dawn, Dawn, Yes, Yes, Yes!! That's all I have to say about that!! LOL!! Couldn't have picked anyone better. Her cards and coloring are a true deight to all of us. Huge CONGRATS DAWN!!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Welcome Dawn! We are so lucky to have you with us! Your card is just amazing!

Susan, love your Mardi Gras card! Fabulous!!

Susan (rainy) said...

Congrats, Dawn! What a wonderful pick for Flourishes!! Your card is absolutely delicious!