Thursday, May 28, 2009

Flourishes Crystal Clear Focus

Friday's mean Flourishes Focus, and this week everything should be crystal clear. Crystal Clear cardstock that is! I am so happy to be sharing some fun ideas for using Flourishes Crystal Clear cardstock. It is my number 1 choice for clear projects, be they boxes, cards, window cards...anything where you need clear, you need Crystal Clear cardstock. My projects today, won't rock your world, but hopefully they will give you some fun ideas with clear cardstock, and by the time you've made your rounds to the rest of the design team, you'll have so many ideas, you'll be amazed.

I absolutely love Flourishes Crystal Clear cardstock. It is a vinyl, and it is 10 times sturdier than the acetate I had picked up at a stationary store. It is beautiful to work with, and makes strong containers and beautiful cards.

My first project is a clear card, and it was in part, inspired by this card by Michelle Girard. (scroll down to the clear card). I started with a base of Crystal Clear Cardstock, vertically oriented with a top fold, along with a horizontally oriented card in kraft card stock. I added some designer paper to the front of the card stock card.

On the Clear Cardstock, I stamped the script from the Thank You set, and on the designer paper I stamped the open flourish from Flourished Elements. I attached the cards by adhering the back of the clear card to the inside of the paper card. I covered the inside with white to write a note. I like this style because it lets the clear card really stand out, yet there is room for a note inside without it showing through.

Once the cards were adhered together, I placed the new Finishing Florals on the clear cardstock over the flourish, using it as a stem. The Crystal Clear Cardstock is sturdy enough to hold four of them with no problem! I added a sentiment in kraft cardstock, cut with the Tags Trio Nestability to balance out the colours. Here's a view of it laying down.

I wanted to show you how strong the Crystal Clear card stock is! Check this out! I have one of the Finishing Floral brads attached to the corner of the card, and it stands up better than card stock. A card made with Flourishes Crystal Clear cardstock really lets the clear element stand out and stand up!

I would have liked to have made a dozen projects with the clear cardstock, but I had to settle for sharing some of the other benefits. One of my other favorite things are my Spellbinders dies, and the Crystal Clear card stock works beautifully in them! Here I ran it through my Cuttlebug with the Labels two die. I edged it with White Stazon to give it some definition, and I couldn't resist showing off one of the ribbon slides along with it! This would make a great sentiment for a card or tag for a gift!

Crystal Clear card stock works beautifully when punched! I found office acetate didn't punch well, but I used several punches, including border punches, with the Crystal Clear Cardstock and they all worked perfectly! Here I quickly punched a flower, edged it in Red Stazon and of course, I had to add a Beautiful Brad to finish it.

Are you ready to be amazed? Well not only will you have the pleasure of seeing more ideas with the Crystal Clear card stock, you'll get to check out the previews on the latest addition of Flourishes Finery!! The creativity of these ladies just blows my mind every week!
Thanks so much for joining me today and have a fabulous weekend!

11 comments:

flourishes said...

Absolute great and intriguing post. Very Very creative...the idea have my head swimming with ideas...certainly an inspirational post Miss Laura.
Jan Marie
1flourish

Sabrina said...

I must say that I love the clear card-stock. I still use my thinner copier acetates for stamping and embossing, and shaker windows, but for me that great clear card-stock is worth the international post - on my second pack in less than a year. Going to try out that punched idea, it's wonderful.

Julie Koerber said...

Just beautiful Laura! I love the vibrant color you picked for your card base - and the stamping over top -- very, very pretty and mod! Thanks for the great tips!

Latisha said...

Awesome awesome project Laura!!!

ChristineCreations said...

Fantastic ideas Laura, beautifully presented!

Anonymous said...

To have your creativity, Laura, would be a wonderful gift. I love what you've created here; only wish I had the talent to recreate it. it's just beautiful. Anne Ryan

Anonymous said...

Beautiful style, Laura! Very inspiring post, I used a piece of crystal clear sheet tonight on a card, after having read it!! Thanks!
smiles,Deena

Leslie Miller said...

I knew you'd do something totally fabulous with the clear cardstock, Laura! These are all super ideas. I just love the punched flower and the die cut with the ribbon slide. So much fun to play around and have a few of these elements made up ahead of time. Thanks for some wonderful inspiration!

Diane said...

Oh geez, yet another must have to my ever growing list! I just love what you did iwth it!

Christine said...

Here's a link to my card.

Blessings,
Christine

Zafran ali said...

These are all so nice cards,Absolutely gorgeous...
Clear Cards