Sunday, May 3, 2009

Introducing.....


When Flourishes decided to bid farewell to it's weekly Featured Stamper, we knew we needed to find a new way to put those designers who shine with Flourishes in the limelight! We scoured the galleries and surfed blogs week after week jotting down the names of talented stampers that we would love to feature here on our Newsletter.

We're happy to say, we have a Limelight Designer that will now be joining us every Sunday for the month of May giving us some insight into her creative process and sharing her talents with us! And, that stamper is........

I've always loved Michelle's clean and classy style. When you look at her creations, you see interesting and sophisticated layouts usually with ribbons, rhinestones, and elegant patterns! You could spend hours surfing her blog or SCS gallery! Take a look at some of our favorite Michelle Woerner creations....




Because Michelle is going to be hanging out with us for a while, we thought you might like to know a little bit more about her! So, here's what she had to say in her own words!
"My name is Michelle Woerner, but you all may know me better as sf9erfan from SCS. I started stamping 2 1/2 years ago completely by accident. I answered an add on Craigslist to buy some scrapbook paper, and while I there I saw her lovely handmade Christmas cards. She said she made them using stamps from a company called Stampin’ Up!. This was a novel idea to me, I never knew people MADE their own cards?!? How funny is that? Well, I went right home and looked SU! up on Ebay. Through a link on an auction, I found SCS and the rest is history! I am a SAHM of two wonderful boys (ages 3 1/2 and 5). I am surrounded all day by dinosaurs, cars and trains cardmaking is a wonderful escape into the world of designer paper, ribbon, flowers and all things pretty whenever I want. I absolutely love making cards and go through withdrawls if I don't craft everyday! I first discovered Flourishes when they released the Coffee with Friends set -which I have to say is still my favorite! I absolutely fell in love with the elegant style of Flourishes stamps and have been a HUGE fan ever since. I am so thrilled and honored to be asked to be Flourishes Limelight Designer. I hope you all like the cards I will share with you and look forward to you all getting to know me better these next few weeks!"

We are so excited to have Michelle joining us each Sunday during May! She has some fun and creative projects in the works and I just know, you won't want to miss them! See you all back here soon!

13 comments:

Betty Wright said...

Congratulations, Michelle!!! You know I am a big fan of your work!!! Welcome!!!! Gorgeous card samples and I cannot wait to see what else you create using Flourishes!!!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Whohoo! Congrats and welcome Michelle!

flourishes said...

A very warm and hearty welcome to Flourishes. I am so please that you are joining us as a Limelight Designer as you are one I have watched for a while now. I hope you enjoy your time with us...Flourish Michelle!
Jan Marie
1flourish

Latisha said...

Welcome Michelle!! I just love your work and your fun personality. I can't wait to see what you do with Flourishes stamps in your hands!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Congrats Michelle. You're so deserving of the limelight and I'm excited to see your projects this month! :)

Mark's Finest Papers said...

Welcome! Your cards are FABULOUS!

NancyK said...

What great cards! A big Flourishes welcome to you Michelle!! I look forward to seeing more of what you do each Sunday!

Leslie Miller said...

Hi, Michelle! You're an awesome designer and I know we're in for a treat with the chance to see your regular featured beauties this month. I'm looking forward to it! Welcome!!

Kathy Jones said...

WOOHOO!!! Congratulations Michelle - I am sooooo happy for you!!!!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Hey Michelle...big congrats girlfriend!! Love your stuff and I can't wait to see what you bring us this month!

Silke Ledlow said...

Congrats to Michelle!!! I'm a huge fan of Michelle's work!!! I'm so happy and excited for her!!! She represents the Flourishes Stamp line so gorgeously - geat pick ladies!!!

Sewflake said...

Welcome Michelle, I look forward to seeing you here every Sunday for awhile.
Sharon

America said...

Congratulations again, Michelle!!! Ya know Ive been a HUGE fan of yours!! Gorgeous cards. Look forward to seeing what you create with Flourishes!!!!