Sunday, May 17, 2009

Limelight Week 2 with Michelle - Roses


Hi everyone! It's Michelle, and welcome to Week 2 of my Limelight Designer month of May. This week, I used the amazing set, I Love Roses. Some of you may know that I LOVE roses. Really love roses! They have been my favorite flower all my life and are even my birth flower (I was born in June). I actually named my blog using Roses in the title!! So, can you believe up until I recently ordered this set, I did not own one rose stamp? Not one, not even a tiny one! Well, this set is amazing and seriously the only one I need -LOL!

You may remember from my post last week that I am showing More is More and Less is More cards in my Limelight posts.

This is the More is More card. It has lots of layers, silver cardstock, a bead pin with pearls and silver spacers, organdy ribbon, lots of glitter and dimension! I stamped the rose image twice on shimmer white cardstock and I colored them with copic markers. I then cut out a part of the second rose and leaf and popped them up.

The bead pin and pearls were purchased at Joann's and is my version of SU! Pretties Kit!! I love using the 1/8" silver wired ribbon as I can wind it around a pencil and it keeps it's lovely twirly shape!

The sentiment uses the Double ended tags die from Spellbinders. I actually made 2 tags so I could decide which shade of pink cardstock to use. The one I didn't use here I used on the LIM card. It's a great way to utilize all the "practice" pieces you end up with during the process!

Here is a detail shot (click to enlarge image).

Here is the Less is More card. I took everything down several knotches. This time, I didn't keep the same layout as the MIM card, but did keep the same elements (ie. image, black framing, silver accents and sentiment). I used the curvy Mega rectangle nestability for the shape of the card. I stamped the image on a scrap of pink paper from the first card, and lightly colored it with copics. I wrapped silver cord around the front several times and mounted the image over it with dimensionals. As I mentioned above, the sentiment panel is leftover from my "decision process" from the first card.

Before I go, I want to thank you all for the lovely comments left for me on last week's post. Several of you even made it over to my personal blog and left comments there too! I read and appreciated every single one!!

EDITED to add: The bead pin can be found in the bead/jewelry section of craft stores, or I sometimes use corsage pins which can be found in the wedding section. I like corsage pins because they have a sharp point and the stopper fits on it slightly better. The stopper I use are silver earring backs which are found in the bead/jewelry section.

Thanks for stopping by, and see you next Sunday for another MIM/LIM set.

11 comments:

Latisha said...

Gorgeous cards Michelle!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Michelle these are both gorgeous. I do have to say the LIL one is my fav, with the clean white background. hee hee I do love them both though!

Denise Marzec said...

Holy moly, woman, these are STUNNING!! Love Love LOVE them!!

Etha said...

oh wow! both cards are just stunningly beautiful! you put the silver lining to the color pink! literally :)

Sewflake said...

Michelle, the delicate pink of the roses is just beautiful. I love how you have set them off with the sparkle from your ribbon and stick pin embellishments. The black you have used just makes the pale colors pop!

ChristineCreations said...

These are gorgeous Michelle! I love the more and less styles you've come up with - equally beautiful cards!

Julie Koerber said...

Just beautiful Michelle! I can't believe this is the first rose stamp you got in your inky fingers but.. I am glad it's the only one you'll need! ;-) Thanks for the MIM, LIM cards - another round of stunners!

Vianna said...

Without a doubt, these are gorgeous cards! Can you tell me WHO makes that pin, WITH stopper (hat pin?) that you found at Joann's. I've been searching high and low for this type of pin on internet and everywhere else, but find nothing that has stoppers. I know that SU has them already adorned ... but like you, I'd like to use my own beads. Thank you - and happy continued creativity!
Vianna

Kathy Jones said...

*SIGH* These are both SO ELEGANT!!! Love both of them!!!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Absolutely stunning, Michelle! Your cards always take my breath away. :)

Silke Ledlow said...

WOW - WOW - WOW - Michelle - these cards are absolutely fabulous!!! Love your projects!!!