Sunday, May 10, 2009

Limelight week 1 with Michelle -Sweet Peas

Hi everyone! It's Michelle and I am so excited to share with you my first Limelight Designer post. I thought about what I could show you all that would say something about me as a designer. That was kinda tough, but I decided that each week I would show you More is More and a Less is More cards.

As a mom to 2 preschool aged boys, wife, housekeeper, maid, driver, etc for me it's all about time and energy! Seriously, I always seem to be short on both. When making a card, I usually start out with a sketch (cause I can't design a layout to save my life, LOL), then chose the papers/colors I feel like using and then select a stamp that fits the layout and theme of the card. What I love about MIM/LIM cards is by using the stamps, paper, ribbons already picked out, you can create 2 totally different cards with 1/2 the work!

This week, I have cards using the amazing set, Sweet Peas. This is the MIM version. I stamped the image on white cardstock 3 times and colored with copic markers. Next, I cut out the larger blooms and popped them up on the image, put glitter on them, and saved the 3rd image for my LIM card. The designer paper is My Mind's Eye, Asparagus line. The sentiment is from the Many Sentiments set and is also edged with glitter.










For my LIM card, I used the same layout, but flipped it. I reduced the amount of layers on the base and image panels. I kept the piercing, but changed where it was placed, allowing it to still highlight the DP. I changed the embellishments to a simple organdy ribbon and 3 Kaiser Scrapbook pearl accents. I usually leave off the sentiment on my second card, and save it for any occasion in the future. In this case, my sister picked this card to give to our mom for Mother's Day.

Well, that was a tiny peek into my process. Thanks for stopping by, and see you next week where I will share another set of MIM/LIM cards!

Card Deets (MIM):
Stamps - Sweet Peas
Paper - Sweet blush, white, Sahara sand, MME DP
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories - Pink brads, 1/4" circle punch (SU!), paper piercer, Crystal glitter (Art glitter), CM oval cutter

Card Deets (LIM):
Stamps - Sweet Peas
Paper - Sweet blush, white, Sahara sand, MME DP
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories - 3/8" pink organdy ribbon, paper piercer, Kaiser pearls in Champagne

16 comments:

Gabriela said...

Michelle - both MIM and LIM cards are just beautiful. I love your choice of colors. I bought this Sweet Pea set but have been too scared to try coloring it. Thank you for the inspiration.

"Luv 2 Glitter" by Brenda M. said...

These are two gorgeous cards. How I love these colours together. Great layout with just the right touch of extras.

Julie Koerber said...

Gosh what beauties Michelle! I love the way you popped up the flowers on the MIM card -- they are both true stunners!

Betty Wright said...

Michelle, both are gorgeous!!! I love the colors and your coloring. The cut work detailing on the MIM is fabulous!!!

Sewflake said...

Michelle, What inspiration you have given me to do some MIM and LIM cards, particularly the LIM! You have demonstrated the fact perfectly that less can truely be more!

NancyK said...

Happy Mother's day Michelle - and you gave us two wonderful cards perfect for the occasion! I love both and the "less is more" is just as stunning as the MIM!!

THanks!

ChristineCreations said...

These are gorgeous Michelle! I love just the flip in the design between them, gives them both a very different but beautiful look!

Carol L said...

Both cards are stunning!! I love the colors you chose and how you popped the blooms up on the first card. This is my current favorite stamp set, and I love what you've done with it!!
Carol

Lois said...

If I hadn't seen the MIM card, I wouldn't have known that the LIM card was less involved. They are both just beautiful, Michelle.

Karen W said...

Very pretty, I love the paper and color combinations.

Latisha said...

Gorgeous!!

flourishes said...

Michelle,congratulation. This truly is a wonderful teaching tool this week. Just any of the concepts was great to learn but this one is packed with great things for each of the visitors to the blog. I am hoping that many will adopt your methods and then share the cards using these great concepts. Thanks for sharing.

Jan Marie
1flourish

Stacy Morgan said...

Both cards are beautiful Michelle. My fav set too, great color choices.

Mary said...

One of my favorite stamps. You really gave us some gorgeous ideas about how to use it. And the idea of 2 for 1 cards is inspired. It takes me so long to drag out all the "stuff" to make a card. I had never thought to make two. This post is a real "keeper!"

Connie M. said...

Stunning! They are both so very lovely!

Ali Manning said...

Michelle - your cards are so so beautiful - thanks for sharing them!