Friday, January 22, 2010

Focus on Vintage

Hello stamping friends!

It's Cindy here with a Flourishes Friday Focus for you. This week we're putting the spotlight on vintage style.

Vintage and Flourishes go together like peanut butter and jelly, don't you think?! There are so many fabulous products in the Flourishes store that work well with this style. I used quite a number of them on my sample:


I used two of Flourishes newly released stamp sets, Tag Lines and Angelic Love. The heart is actually the locket from Angelic Love. I simply cut it out after I colored it with Copic markers.

One of the easiest ways to add vintage style to your project is with pretty ribbons. I happen to think Flourishes has some of the most amazing ribbon on the planet! I used the Green Wired Netting, Olive Silk, and Ivory Crocheted Lace.

Other products that can give your project that vintage look are pearls, Finishing Touches, and Spellbinders Nestability dies. I have been rather obsessed with these items lately. :)

I added some homespun warmth to my sample with a little machine stitching and sponging. After I stitched my layers, I sponged a very pale tan colored ink on right over the stitches to give them an antique feel. I also added some sponging to the fancy oval tag and border. Nothing could be easier!

I hope I've inspired you to add a little vintage appeal to your projects. You'll be surprised at how easy it can be!

Have a fabulous Friday, friends!

Hugs~
Cindy

8 comments:

Karen W said...

Wow this is so pretty!!! I love vintage and it's perfect.

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful Cindy!

Grace said...

Beautiful Cindy! Love all the texture and layers... very vintage feel!

Linda said...

This is a gorgeous card! Love everything you did on it.

Sabrina said...

What a stunning card. Vintage isn't something I can often carry off - and never to look this good. I'll have to check those ribbons out some time.

Julie Koerber said...

What a beautiful creation! I don't do vintage often -- but this is just too pretty! Thanks for the fabulous inspiration! :-)

Linda Carson said...

WOW! Stunning!

Becky said...

This is beautiful.