Thursday, January 28, 2010

Friday Focus: Flourishes Favorites




Honestly, when I said, "Let's do a Friday Focus on our Flourishes favorites" I didn't realize how difficult it would be. Sounded easy enough, as I have so many favorites... but how do I choose which favorite for my focus? Or... how many favorites can I fit on one card? As I started working, things became clear -- I rarely make any card without using at least a few of my Flourishes favorites.



Hi, stampers! It's me, Leslie, playing favorites today. Here's my card:




And these are the favorites I used to put it all together:






Florals -- A Year in Flowers, any one of the three sets, is a recent favorite. These Cyclamen are from Set 3. Flourishes offers a bountiful garden of amazing botanicals... and it's okay to pick these flowers!










Designer paper -- BasicGrey, Memory Box, Cosmo Cricket, 7 Gypsies... The scaled down patterns of the 6x6 pads are well suited to cards and smaller projects, and they're easy to store on a shelf. One pad guarantees perfect color matches and coordinating patterns.










Spellbinders -- I want them all, really. Nestabilities, Frameabilities, Shapeabilities, Borderabilities, Pierceabilities... Oh, my goodness! However did I manage without them?







Silk ribbon -- Let me just sink into a bed of these decadent silks and wrap myself up in their luscious folds!











Pearls -- Got pearls? Got elegance! These days I love anything self adhesive for those easy finishing touches.








I also used watercolor paper and Palette Burnt Umber so I could paint my image with dye-based inks. Did you know Palette inks are waterproof? I even slipped a little of Flourishes Classic White cardstock in there so I'd have a nice surface for stamping the script. That's quite a few favorites on one card!

A few of the Flourishes girls are sharing their favorites today, too. Why not pay them a visit?




Laura

Thanks for your time today! Happy stamping!

-- Leslie

14 comments:

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

OMG Leslie, this is so pink and pretty...I love it! Beautiful colouring and fabulous mix of colour and print!

Karen W said...

This is lovely, I love everything about it. Just gorgeous!!

Beth S said...

Leslie this is beautiful. Love how you've coloured the flowers. Thanks for the tip on palette ink. I didn't realize it was waterproof. I'll give it a try instead of stazon.

Cherie said...

Leslie, your card is totally stunning! I love the gorgeous colors you used and the fantastic paper! TFS!

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

Beautiful card, Leslie. Thanks for sharing your favorites. They're a winning combo for sure.

Stacy Morgan said...

Leslie this is gorgeous! Oh You got all my favorites into one card, awesome! Your coloring on the flowers is perfect! Gorgeous card!

dpkennedy said...

Leslie, your watercoloring is always stunning! This card is superb! I love how much the paper coordinates with the image! Of course all of your "favorites" are just perfect too! Love it!

ChristineCreations said...

Oh Leslie - seriously amazing. You've done the patterns to perfection and your coloring of the cyclamen is amazing. This feel so dreamy!

Julie Koerber said...

Leslie, this is absolutely gorgeous done in true Leslie style!!!!

Gabriela said...

It's no secret that I just love, love, LOVE Leslie's work. My goodness this card is pretty!

Carol Southern said...

So soft and so delicate looking. Such a beautiful card.

Shirley N said...

This is stunning--such a gorgeous card!

Becky said...

This pink is divine. And the card is too :).

nancy littrell said...

Oh Leslie, you chose the most perfect Flourishes favorites for your gorgeous, gorgeous card. This card is so "leslie"!!!!!TFS