Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Bring on the Shimmerz!

Gosh have the samples from our Flourishes designers been sparkling this week! It's all because of a powerful little paint called Shimmerz! This week the designers swapped spots with the Shimmerz DT in order to show off some of these sparkly paints and show you how to make your projects shine using Shimmerz..... and Flourishes!

Today Faith and I are showing off some fun creations!

Here's a peek at Faith's card done up in a vibrant red with those beautiful poppies from the Poppy Patch stamp set.

Faith stamped the poppies using VersaMark ink and then she embossed her image with black embossing powder.. The blooms were colored in with Shimmerz colors: Royal Red, Burgandy. The leaves were colored in with Shimmerz colors: Celery and Evergreen.Next, the images were cut out and adhered to the oval Nesties. She makes it sound so simple! What a gorgeous card she's created.

I decided to go for a little Christmas in July look and grabbed my All That Glitters set!
I stamped my ornament onto a piece of solid red from the Wassail collection from Basic Grey using Versamark ink and then embossed it in gold detail embossing powder. I cut it out and then, covered the entire bulb with Candlelight Shimmerz. I wanted to give it some understated elegance with a bit of glimmer! This color paint is a kind of neutral and does not change the color you have underneath one bit!

Here is a close up! See the soft shimmer?

The mechanics of the card are rather simple! I used the Labels Three Nestabilities die for my main mat. After I embossed, I used a light grit sandpaper to take off some of the color on the edges of my shape. I used the Nestabilities circles for the main image and circular mat. Add some Kaiser Pearls, some ribbon and a decorative edge punch and voila! A Christmas card raring to go in July!

We'll be back tomorrow with some more glistening samples using Shimmerz so, stay tuned! Want to see what the Shimmerz DT cooked up with the Shimmerz/Flourishes combination? Click HERE to check it out!

~Julie

9 comments:

StampinCathy said...

Both the cards are just so stunning!

Stacy Morgan said...

Awesome cards girls!

flourishes said...

These are stunning.....but that is the new bar or standard for the DT I think for now. I am loving playing with these Shimmerez! How pretty.

Velta said...

Gorgeous work ladies...shimmerez sure makes a big difference on both of thest beautiful cards...gotta get some !!

Kay D said...

Both cards are stunners. Love the gold edges on the ornament, and the poppies are just so rich and luscious- love them both!

ChristineCreations said...

Girls these are so beautiful...did you plan to both be in reds today? :)

Anjou Krelovich said...

Man are these gorgeous. Great cards!

Stac said...

Incredible cards. Very elegant and the deatil work is stunning.

Leslie Miller said...

Gosh, these are both such pretty cards! Julie, I'm having a "duh" moment...I don't know why I didn't think to use one of the Christmas sets. Great idea!