Saturday, July 4, 2009

New Limelight Designer!!!

With June ending and July sparking up some new talent, we thought we'd bid a fond farewell to Sherry Cheever who took the month of June to showcase some beautiful techniques and stunning cards! I learned quite a bit watching her in action and I hope you did too! Thank You Sherry!! Your talent is incredible!

July ushers in a brand new face to this blog!

Introducing....

While I have been watching Theresa Momber create for at least a year (and picking my jaw up off the floor after seeing her stunning works of art), I felt that everyone needed to see her in action! She has a fabulous way of adding light and depth to her cards. It is really off-the-charts beautiful! When you see her featured here each Sunday in July, I know you'll agree!

To get ready for her big debut, we asked her to share a few words about life and her love of stamping!

"I’ve been married to my husband, Mike, for 22 years and we have a 17 year old daughter and two dogs. I’ve always had an interest in arts and crafts and began drawing at a young age. Over the years, I’ve dabbled in many different crafts and even scrapbooked for a while in 2000, but no craft ever held my interest long until I started stamping.

My sister had to drag me into it kicking and screaming, but eventually I played around with her stamps, and then bought a few Stampin’ Up! sets. That was the beginning of a very happy addiction. I’ve been stamping now for just over a year and a half and am lucky enough to be on a design team and have even started illustrating my own stamp sets.

I’ve admired Flourishes stamps since I first discovered the member companies at Split Coast Stampers, but being familiar only with rubber stamps, it took me months to work up the nerve to try them. I had tried a few clear stamps from the local stores and couldn’t make them work for the life of me; so when I finally decided to try Flourishes, I was so so happy to find they stamped beautifully! The quality photopolymer that Flourishes uses really does make a difference.

I am so thrilled to be the Limelight Designer for July and can’t wait to share my projects with you!"



Thanks Theresa! We can't wait to see your projects! Theresa will be back tomorrow for her Limelight premier! I hope you'll come back to see what she cooks up!


Jan just posted a fabulous tutorial on shading and light when using Copics! Be sure to scroll down and check it out!


Thanks for stopping by!
~Julie

5 comments:

Stacy Morgan said...

welcome Theresa! Your work is wonderful, look forward to seeing your each week and your creations!

flourishes said...

Theresa, welcome to Flourishes. We are thrilled to have you "in the Limelight"! You are so talented and I cannot wait to see all of your weekly post. I am sure you will be a great inspiration. Thanks for accepting this invitation.
Polymer Hugs,
Jan Marie

Becky said...

Hi Theresa.. I have followed you since I saw you at Stamp TV, and you are awesome girl :).

Selma said...

Congratulations Theresa. All your work is fabulous and I'm looking forward to seeing more of your beautiful creations.

Marimer said...

No habeis podido elegir mejor,Amy me encanta como scrapper, sus proyectos son fabulosos y la digo desde hace varias semanas, antes no conocía esta técnica. Enhorabuena y suerte.