Sunday, July 26, 2009

Limelight Week 4 With Theresa Momber - Lilac Gift Set

Good morning! It's Theresa again. This is my fourth and final week as the Flourishes Limelight Designer and I have so enjoyed spending each Sunday with you for the past month. This week I worked with the Lilac stamp set and created a gift ensemble that includes a jar of bath salts with matching card and gift bag.

I'll start with the details about the card and follow with just a bit about the bag and bath salts.


I started by stamping my the image on Flourishes Classic White paper. Then I used BV11 to go over the entire flower portion of the image.

Rather than trying to color each tiny flower individually, I took BV13 and just made squiggly lines all around, somewhat following some the lines of the image.

Next I took a darker marker, BV17, and followed along the squiggly line, but using a lighter touch.

I went back over the whole image again, with BV11, to soften the blending. Finally, I used my blender pen on some of the individual flowers to push some of the color back, creating some highlights.

To color the leaves, I started by going over them completely with YG03.

Then I added YG95 along the veins and bottom edges.

Used YG93 and blended out just a bit from the previous color.

Softened my blend lines with YG03 again, then used my blender pen to push in some highlights.

I created a background panel by sponging some lavender ink along the edges of more Classic White paper.

For the very back panel, I again sponged a piece of Classic White paper, then I cut it in half. To create the patterned paper look on the top half, I used a stamp from Live, Love and Lemons and stamped in in a random pattern, using lavender ink. For the bottom portion, I used my Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder to dry emboss.

To create the little sentiment panel, I used a stamp from Sweet Violets and used a word window punch it out. I know a lot of you have those punches, but if you don't, you can get the same look by cutting a strip of cardstock and then using a circle punch to round the ends. You just need to feed one end of the strip through the opening on the bottom of the punch. After you punch one side, turn your strip of paper around and punch the other end the same way.

That is how I created purple layer under my sentiment. When layering, you punch one end and then use your top layer as a measuring guide for punching the other end.

I used some black and lavender papers for additional layers and a piece of Classic White cardstock for my cardbase.

The gift bag was made essentially the same way as the card, only without the sentiment.

Here is the bath salts recipe...

1 cup coarse sea salt

1/2 cup Epsom salts

1/2 tsp. glycerin

2-3 drops fragrance oil

(optional - few drops food coloring)

Just mix it all up and you're done.

I found a cute little jar to put the bath salts in. I added ribbon and a tag, using the smaller lilac stamp for the tag.

Thank you all so very much for the wonderful welcome and all your encouragement. I've had so much fun sharing my projects with you!

Take care and have a fabulous day!

16 comments:

Ann said...

What a lovely project - I would love to receive such a lovely gift Theresa. Will enjoy the making too. Thanks for a great tutorial!

StampinCathy said...

This is just stunning!

NancyK said...

Thank you Theresa, for not only providing a beatiful piece with a great tutorial - but a gift recipe as well! Everything is gorgeous!

Sewflake said...

Theresa, it is our turn to Thank You for all the wonderful tutorials this last month. It has giving us/me so many ideas and projects to do and use. I know I will be making a few bath salts for gift sets. And you have given ideas for use of different stamp sets too! How marvelous is that!?

Evelyn S. said...

This project is absolutely wonderful....beautiful in every way. Your tutorial is great!

Unknown said...

This is absolutely fabulous!!
I've learned a lot from you. Thank you for all tutorials and inspirations.

Traci M said...

Love your card and to see how you do your shading on these intricate petals! Thank you for sharing the bath salt recipe too, love it!

lisa808 said...

Beautiful gift set.

Linda Carson said...

Beautifully done! What a creative way to color the lilac!

Julie Koerber said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! Thanks so much Theresa for gracing the pages of the Flourishes Newsletter! You are uber talented and we feel blessed that you shared your time and talents with us! This project is a stunner!

ChristineCreations said...

Aw Theresa! You've done such beautiful work! We'll miss you. I so love your creativity and ability. A true artist!

Stacy Morgan said...

Gorgeous Theresa! This is a fabulous gift set and your tutorial is wonderful!

Trina Kuriger said...

This is wonderful! Thanks for including the bath salts recipe. I am inspired to make up some gift sets myself.

Karen W said...

Wow, I love this whole thing, it's gorgeous!!!

Sandy Knecht said...

Beautiful card! What size is your finished card? Awesome!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

FAbulous Theresa! Love the colours and the background you created! Thank YOU for sharing your talents and projects with us!