Friday, July 24, 2009

More Shimmery Goodness

Hey everyone~

Welcome to another day of shimmery goodness! Have you been enjoying the samples this week? I sure have!

Today, Laura & I (Cindy) are sharing a couple of samples using Shimmerz fabulous paints.

First up is Laura's gorgeous sample:

When Julie suggested we do a Shimmerz week, I was thrilled, 'cus you know I love all things that sparkle and shine, and Shimmerz is just that! When I opened the package with my glorious colours, I knew I had to paint my Sweet Peas..it was just too perfect. I kept the card really simple, adding a gold ribbon slide and a gold embossed sentiment from Sweet Violets. The Martha Stewart lace doily punch and some gold half back pearls finish it perfectly. Here's a close up of the Shimmerz!

Stamps: Sweet Peas, Sweet Violets (Flourishes), Paper: Classic White, Rich Razzleberry Ink: Versafine Onyx Black Accessories: Gold Ribbon Slide, Rich Razzleberry ribbon, gold half back pearls, Martha Stewart Lace Doily punch, Magenta, Sugarplum, Pink and Green Olive Shimmerz paints


For my sample, I chose the I Love Roses stamp set. I love the vintage appeal of the roses in this set, and I thought it would work perfectly with the Shimmerz paints.

I combined the Orange Sherbet & Burgundy Shimmerz on my rose, a combo I would not normally put together. I was oh-so-pleasantly surprised at how pretty they look together. For the leaves, I used the Green Olive and accented with Burgundy.

Here's a close up view, so you can better see the shimmer & sparkle...so pretty in person! :)


Stamps: I Love Roses Paper: Classic White, Chocolate Chip, Fernbrae Designer Papers from Memory Box Ink: VersaMark, Palette Burnt Umber, Linen Distress Ink Accessories: Copper Ribbon Slide & Brads, Reversable Satin Ribbon, Circle Nestabilities, Sewing Machine, Gold Embossing Powder, Sponge Dauber, Dimensionals, Burgundy, Orange Sherbet, and Green Olive Shimmerz Paints

That's the end of Shimmerz week here at Flourishes; but I know that I will be using lots more of that yummalicious paint on my projects!

Have a sparklin' day!

~Cindy

4 comments:

PinksyDoodles said...

Beauitiful cards - I adore the sweet peas.
Clare x

Karen W said...

All of the cards have been so pretty, I love the shimmerz and only have a couple of them so far, can't wait to get more.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my word! Drop dead gorgeous cards, girls! And with some of my favorite sets, but you two could color up ragweed and make it look fabulous. These are both simply stunning samples! Thank you!

Stacy Morgan said...

Simply beautiful! They both shimmer like nothing else.... Gorgeous girls!