Thursday, July 23, 2009

More Shimmerz by Stacy and Latisha

Hello bloggers!
Stacy and Latisha here.  Today we are going to show you a few cards we made using the oh so fabulous Shimmerz product.  First up is Stacy, she has not one but two cards to show today, she is the energizer bunny when it comes to card making...boy oh boy does she produce amazing stuff!  Ok getting down to business, on this first card Stacy used the Sweet Violets stamp set and colored it in using the Green Olive and Periwinkle Shimmerz colors and thats it!  Do you see all that sparkly yummyness!  I don't know what is in Shimmerz, but its super glittery and I think it has some type of paint in it.  So make sure to shake it up and stir it before you use it, to have the best results.
materials used found at the Flourishes store:
Spellbinder labels die
Flourishes Classic white card stock
Kaiser pearls
May Arts ribbon
Sweet Violets stamp set
Palette ink

Here is another card Stacy made, using the Thinking of You stamp set.  For this gorgeous card she used the Angel Wings Shimmerz.  I have yet how to photograph Shimmerz right, but in person, holy moly batman does this stuff sparkle!  Stacy used the Curvy Rectangles Spellbinders die and luscious May Arts satin ribbon.
For my project I made a flap fold card, and stamped images from the Strawberry set.  Once the Palette ink dried, I went in using the Royal Red and Olive Green Shimmerz.  What you see is what you get, I didn't color my strawberries using anything else but the Shimmerz...isn't that cool!!  One other tip I would like to share, is that after I stamped and colored in my image, I sponged below and above my image to create a background, I didn't have to worry about my ink from sponging staying on my strawberries, I just took a paper towel and wiped off the blue and green ink, so the Shimmerz acted as a resist.  How cool is that!!  I decorated my envelope to match my card...we all like to be matchy matchy...right?!?  How many of you have the Flourishes Card Stock?  Are you in love or what, this paper takes color like no other!
materials used available in the Flourishes store:
Strawberry stamp set
Spellbinder dies
Palette ink
Flourishes classic white card stock
square envelopes

Be sure to come back tomorrow for more projects using Shimmerz!

6 comments:

Sewflake said...

I like the way Simmerz captures the velvet look of Violet leaves. How cool is that! And to act as a resist..........wow, I need that when I am coloring!!
Great job ladies, the colors are just so vibrent and sparkle to boot.

flourishes said...

In a word...Stupendous!

Stac said...

I love it all! What great work. They all shimmer and shine with beautiful results.

Leslie Miller said...

What a fun post! You got me going...I want to get those paints out again! Great cards, girls!

Julie Koerber said...

Just beautiful ladies! That sparkle does make those flowers and berries pop!! Gorgeous!

Melisa Waldorf said...

Gorgeous ladies!!! I finally got some shimmerz and tried them! I LOVE them and HAVE to have more!!