Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Copics 102

Hello Flourishes Friends!

It's Cindy here, and I'm excited to bring you a little Copic coloring video tutorial today. I have never done a video tutorial before; but I thought it would be easier for you to see it in action. I hope you find it helpful!

Like Christine, I picked up my very first Copic marker six months ago. I also love to watercolor; so this was quite a learning experience for me as well! I so wish I had these wonderful natural color blends available to me when I first started. I researched for days before I decided on my colors. Flourishes has done all of the work for you! How awesome is that?! Oh, and I must not forget to mention the awesome new Classic White & Ivory paper! It is truly fabulous for coloring with Copics. I really, really love it!

These are the collections I'm featuring today:

Check out the video, and let me know if you have any questions.



Here's the finished card:


Stamps: Nasturtiums
Papers: Classic White, Always Artichoke, Porcelain Designer Paper
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Tiger Lily Copic Marker Collection, Evergreen Copic Marker Collection, Daffodil Copic Marker Collection (flower centers)

Accessories:
Copper Finishing Touches Heart Pin and Brads, Ticket Corner Punch, Ivory Crocheted Lace, Moss/Olive Silk Ribbon, Sewing Machine, Dimensionals

Next you'll want to stop by to see what Julie, Latisha, and Stacy have done with the fabulous Flourishes Copic Collections. I happen to know that some of them have tutorials for you too. ;)

Tomorrow, Julie will be here with Copics 103 and another Flourishes Copic Collection. I hope you're enjoying the tutorials this week! Isn't Flourishes awesome?! :)

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

~Cindy

12 comments:

Latisha said...

Beautiful card Cindy and AWESOME video tutorial!!

NancyK said...

What a great tutorial - and gorgeous card! It's nice to hear your voice (and love your nails!)

Norine said...

very pretty card and thanks for the tut great job
Hugs
Norine

Kay D said...

Absolutely stunning! This is such a beautiful card.

Bethany Paull said...

Thanks for the video tutorial. I love seeing things as they happen. It's even better than picture tuts. And what an amazingly beautiful card!

Stacy Morgan said...

Cindy this is gorgeous. I love your tutorial, your voice is so sweet! I smiled the whole time I listened. hee hee :0)

The Rubber Maid said...

Oh my goodness that is one gorgeous card. Love it! Really elegant and now that I've told you that I will go through the tutorial. TFS. Pat

Mary Lou Kemp said...

Thanks for the great video. I have 5 copic markers but have not played with them much. Guess I'll give that blending technique another try.

Anonymous said...

Awesome tutorial!! Thanks for sharing it with us, I am soon going to try my hand at Copics...just waiting for them to arrive, I can't wait!
smiles,Deena

Julie Koerber said...

Cindy this tutorial is five star! And... I'm with the other gals - it was fun hearing your sweet voice! :-)

Scrappinangler said...

Wow! Beautiful! Thanks for taking the time to create this tutorial!

Joseline said...

Beautiful card! I love the new Flourishes Copic collection. Thanks for the video tutorial.