The Friends of Flourishes blog design team are bringing you exciting and different challenges each week. Everyone can PLAY and anyone can WIN! Make sure you continue reading to find out how.
This week Cindy Haffner is our host. This week at Flourishes it is all about shimmerz so Cindy is challenging us to get out our little pots of shimmerz, shake them up, and use them on our cards. There are so many wonderful ways to use these little pots of shine to add just the perfect touches of shimmer to a card. As always, if you do not have any shimmerz, yet, no problem. All we ask is that you add some shimmer and shine to your cards. We cannot wait to see what you create!!!
Let's go she what the blog design team created using shimmerz!!!
First up is our challenge host, Cindy Haffner. Cindy is is using the newly released Strawberries stamp set. Cindy colored the strawberries using Flourishes Copic Color Collections in Spring Greens, Hollyhock, and Poppy. Cindy added some shimmerz to the leaves and strawberries to create her shimmer. She layered the image with spellbinders. Love the patterns and ribbon detailing. Beautifully done, Cindy!!!
Up next is Kimberly Crawford. Kimberly is using the newly released Beach Life stamp set. She stamped the palm trees using versamark. Kim embossed the trees and sponged over some pigment chalk ink. Kim put the shimmerz in a fine misting bottle and sprayed a couple of coats of shimmerz over the whole piece to create a shimmery background effect!!! Kim is also giving us a little peak at a soon to be released spellbinders label 8 shape!!! Wonderful colors, technique, and design, Kim!!!
Next, is Betty Wright. I am using one of my favorite Flourishes sets called Thank You. I am using some basicgray eva designer paper. I chose to create shimmer and sparkle to my card by using only the shimmerz to color the image. I am using royal red and celery shimmerz. I used Flourishes Copic Color Collections in Cool Neutrals. I specifically used the C1 to add shadow to my image. The shimmerz is beautiful and dries very fast!!! I love the look!!!
Next is, Silke Ledlow . Silke is using the newly released Strawberries stamp set as well. Silke is also using the Flourishes Copic Color Collections in Spring Greens, Hollyhock, and Poppy. Silke added shimmerz to sections of the fruits, leaves, and flowers to create a shimmery highlight effect. Love this look with the product, too!! Fantastic layout and design!!! Great coloring and detailing, Silke. Beautifully done!!!
Be sure to check out each designers blog links to get more
detail card pictures and information!
Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Winner(FTTC24)!!!
Random Integer Generator
Here are your random numbers:4
Timestamp: 2009-07-21 00:35:51 UTC
By the way, if you still do not have theTimeless Tuesday blog button for your blog, check here for the codes.
Now, it is your turn to play! Here is what you need to know!
- Anyone can play whether you have Flourishes stamps or not. Of course, if you have Flourishes stamps, by all means, use them.
- Use keyword code FTTC25 when linking to SCS or public gallery. Leave a comment on this post with a link to your creation. Please give a direct link to your blog post so we can see the Flourishes challenge post and not just the generic page. To get the full link, click to read the comments. Another page will open that will have just the one card and your comments. Copy and paste that link here in the comments section.
- If you use either your blog link or online gallery, please give an active Flourishes Newsletter link.
- You can combine this challenge with as many others as you want.
- The challenge runs from Tuesday, 12:01 am until Monday at 8 pm EST
We cannot wait to see what you create!
As always, thanks so much for stopping by and playing Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge with us!
Your Flourishes Friends!